• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Warning: Hold-ups on the M6

Lyme Grecian

I parked in a side street by Goodison, and got back to Lyme by 2am which I thought was bad enough, but after reading this thread I think I got off lightly

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
I got to bed at 2am and I live in Derby! Plus got a speeding ticket on way home, for doing just over 40 in what I thought was a 40 zone but was obviously a 30 :(

happygrecian

What time did the coaches get back to Exeter? Our mini convoy of cars got back just after 3am. Roadworks and diversions were terrible.
You did well. I didn't make it back to Willand (junction 27) until 4.00. Two hours sleep then up for work...

A journey that should have taken slightly under 4 hours (actually less than that at that time of night) took 6. So many road works, but very little actual work being done. I'm guessing that David Cameron obviously doesn't use the motorways.

Silver fox

Very well known Exeweb poster
In bed by midnight (y)

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Fair play to you all.

I want to know when Sturtz got home, or is he still on the way back?
I think you can download an app that tracks his progress like the Santa Claus one 😀

Lyme Grecian

In bed by midnight (y)
Ah!!! The joys of owning your own helicopter

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
In bed by midnight (y)
5.30 am for me, after 41 hours on the road and a few snatched naps on planes and the coach.

p.s.

I guy I was at Uni with had the motto:

"If I'm not in bed by midnight, I go home" :D

Shabba

Well-known Exeweb poster
Got back to sintellins 11.45. The Manchester line only has one train every hour. Just missed the twenty past 10 one. Not that we were planning on getting it.