• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Walsall FC - are you aware there's a recession on?

Saint James

Really, really fancied going to watch the boys to give them my support at the Bescot on Tuesday night. However, just totted up that it would cost me £56 (£18.50 & £12.50 even with £2 off buying in advance) in admission alone to take my three boys (aged 6,10 & 12). Add all the other costs on top and that's the best part of a ton. Compare this to the game at Sheffield Utd where it will cost me £23 (£1 for juniors). I have e-mailed Walsall to say that they are ripping off away fans and notably away families. Like many others money is tight and it simply isn't realistic to expect people to travel long distances in midweek and be expected to stump up stupid ticket prices.

Sorry for letting you down TVR and Tiz, especially as we are driving past the bleddy ground anyhow on my way up North for a few days prior to the game on Saturday but I won't allow myself to be ripped off by shyster clubs. Well done however to Sheffield Utd on setting affordable prices for away fans.

Why do football clubs continue to rip off fans (particularly away fans) when there is so much spare capacity and clubs are losing money hand over fist?

Tony

memoman

Well-known Exeweb poster
The price for Under 18's is disgraceful. Thieving basturds

Saint James

The price for Under 18's is disgraceful. Thieving basturds
quite! The more fans that contact these rip off merchants the better - try
[email protected] or [email protected] with your views on their prices!

Last edited:

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
Ah, but the opportunity of 90 minutes inhaling the greenhouse gases from the M5/M6 interchange?

PRICELESS

memoman

Well-known Exeweb poster
The Sheffield United prices are stupid aswell. A 15 year old can get in for £1, yet if you're 16 it's £15!

StroudGrecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
The Sheffield United prices are stupid aswell. A 15 year old can get in for £1, yet if you're 16 it's £15!
What's stupid about that? You've got to draw the line somewhere, unless you let everyone in for a £1.

Walsall prices for kids are shameful, reminds me of the £50 I had to fork out for meself (£22) and the 2 little uns (£14 each) to watch us not turn up at the Orient last year.

Yeah it should be £1 for up to 16 year olds and £15 for over 17s. Hang on, that's not fair on 17 year olds is it?

It should be £1 for up to 17 year olds and £15 for over 18s. Hang on, that's not fair on 18 year olds is it.....?

^o)

Ashford Grecian

Hartlepool was an absolute disgrace as well... :mad:

FiddlersCat

Most places are a disgrace! Grounds with fair away pricing are few and far between nowadays.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I see on the official Facebook page, a Rochdale fan is upset with City for charging him £21 and that we were also charging under 16s that price. And for standing on the terraces. Surely we would have charged them the same we do for the Big Bank?