• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Walk For Cancer research

glostergull

Hi Guys
Gulls fan in peace here.
I have been touched recently by so many people including friends and Players of both Torquay and Exeter who have suffered from Cancer. I am also a bit of a Gas fan and there were tears in my eye when you lot taunted us with shall we sing a song for you and in reply Rovers fans Sang "One Adam Stansfield". i shall not forget that memory.Or the round of applause you gave us after It will also probably stick in your memories for a few years too.
To that end I have taken the plunge and after the last few years when I too have suffered a lot of serious illness I have decided to do a sponsored walk in aid of Cancer research.
The Walk is in aid of Breast cancer research as I and a fellow Gulls supporter have recently lost a friend and in his case his wife to Breast cancer.
It is to take place on July 10th on the Tarka Trail In Bideford. I am doing a walk of 15.5 miles from Barnstaple to Bideford and then Back to Fremington. . I want to do a longer walk to show that this is a cause worth stretching ourselves for rather than do somthing that is easy for me. The main party which is involving children,hence the shorter distance are doing the walk from Bideford to Fremington and will then hopefully enjoy a nice cream tea at the finish. We hope that one or possibly 2 players will do the walk with us.
I am looking for any fans who either wish to sponsor me or wish tio help take part in this walk and raise money themselves
You can see more details about this walk on our own forums either ##URL REMOVED## or ##URL REMOVED##
I know you will all share inour sorrow at all our losses this last year and I think this will go some way as a fitting tribute on our part along with all the efforts I know some of you have made.
You can Contact me on 07890891345 or if you want to take part contact Louise Shaw at [email protected]. or you can look up ##URL REMOVED##/walkforcarol.
I know we all have our rivalry and banter at times. But it is times like this that show there are some things in life more important and it really puts life in perspective. I do hope some of you get involved or sponser me it would be great to get together and forget rivalry for a moment and share stories.
many thanks and good luck for the new season

**** Sorry! Web links not allowed for new users ****
This is an effort to combat spam postings. We apologise for any inconvenience.

Last edited:

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Is this your missing link?

www.justgiving.com/walkforcarol

glostergull

Is this your missing link?

##LINK REMOVED##
Yes it is one of them. plus our own Torquay forums ie Torquayfans.com and the torquayfansforum.com

Many thanks Hants red

**** Sorry! Web links not allowed for new users ****
This is an effort to combat spam postings. We apologise for any inconvenience.

Red Lion

Will check diary, if available my 2 lads and I (they lost their Mum, I lost my Wife 2 years ago from breast cancer) will do the 'easy' walk.

If we can't, will deffo bung you a few shekels sponsorship.

Southampton Gull

A very worthy cause indeed.

I'd like to pass on something to you all about Glostergull that he's too nice to bother you with.

He mentioned his own health problems but didn't tell you what happened to him a couple of years ago at Wembley during our Play-Off final against Cambridge.

He suffered a heart attack during the game but refused to leave and came back to watch the end. He's a very genuine and lovely guy and deserves as much backing as possible in his quest to raise money for a Charity covering a terrible illness that my own Mother died from when I was very young.

Good luck mate.

Red Lion

Will check diary, if available my 2 lads and I will do the 'easy' walk.
Looks like we're available!

glostergull

Ok Ok lets get the fact right SG. I didnt have a heart attack during the game only an attack of angina, Secondly my heart attack came 5 days before and I walked out of the hospital. Flippen eck man. what would you have done I sponsored (with the Gloster Gulls) Lee Mansell and I couldn't miss that could I. I dunno what all the fuss is about. Since then I have found out I have Liver desease and Bowell desease too. In fact if anyone shows up with an elephant Gun I am going to start running the other way. Looookk out maaaaaake waaaay !!
Anyway to matters more important.
Many thanks Red Lion
I appreciate your support and look forward to meeting you in the flesh. if you wanna give us a ring my number is 07890 891 345
You need a bit of Information to book into the walk. if you ring Louise Shaw on 07789902182. She will send out to you a sponsors pack, and in it you will find all the info you need to get your sponsors signed up.
There is a slight mistake on the map telling you where the group meets up. Louise Put the first part of the Post code wrong. Doh! It should read EX39 Not EX29. Not sure where EX29 is but you feel mighty lonely if you turn up there. Funny if it turned out to be a football ground though.
Good luck with the walk. You will see me pass in the other direction on the walk before i get to Bideford and turn round to catch you all up. hopefully without an Ambulance following me

Last edited:

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
Ok Ok lets get the fact right SG. I didnt have a heart attack during the game only an attack of angina, Secondly my heart attack came 5 days before and I walked out of the hospital. Flippen eck man. what would you have done I sponsored (with the Gloster Gulls) Lee Mansell and I couldn't miss that could I. I dunno what all the fuss is about. Since then I have found out I have Liver desease and Bowell desease too. In fact if anyone shows up with an elephant Gun I am going to start running the other way. Looookk out maaaaaake waaaay !!
Hey glostergull, chill man, I think that Southampton Gull was doing nothing other than try tp promote your extremely worthy cause. If he's slightly off with his memory regarding what happened to you, we really didnt know, and to be honest, I cant see the need to put him straight, We didnt know any different.

Dont get me wrong, I lost my mum to breast cancer when I was just 20, so any cause that promotes a possible cure for what I watched her go through is alright by me. I wish you every success with your project, I really do.

I'll go to your justgiving site and donate 20 quid to your cause. Cant do a lot more since thats an awful lot of dollars, and I'm still 'between jobs' as they say, after a year and a half!

Take care.

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
Bumped up from 4th page! Not doing very well!

glostergull

Hey glostergull, chill man, I think that Southampton Gull was doing nothing other than try tp promote your extremely worthy cause. If he's slightly off with his memory regarding what happened to you, we really didnt know, and to be honest, I cant see the need to put him straight, We didnt know any different.

Dont get me wrong, I lost my mum to breast cancer when I was just 20, so any cause that promotes a possible cure for what I watched her go through is alright by me. I wish you every success with your project, I really do.

I'll go to your justgiving site and donate 20 quid to your cause. Cant do a lot more since thats an awful lot of dollars, and I'm still 'between jobs' as they say, after a year and a half!

Take care.
Hi Pete USA
Sorry if I gave the wrong impression mate. I was a bit toungue in cheek. In fact i still get a little embarrased when they make a fuss about it. In reality I still want to do more for others than myself.

Hey Red Lion
Louise says she hasn't heard from you at all. Do you still want to do the walk. Would be fun to have you along. gis a ring. number is in the postings above. Don't worry if you can't. we will understand.
And to all the guys who sent donations. a heart felt thankyou
Glostergull

P.S. heard the one about Paul Buckle. he was seen driving on the M4 yesterday at 125mph. Took the cops a while to catch him. when asked why he was going so fast he said. I thought it would be the only 3 points we would get this season