• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Wages

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
No mention of Nardiello yet that I can see. I take it he's too high an injury risk for a team with very little money to spend.

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
Tisdale won't go for something like this. He's always operated on the basis that nobody is irreplaceable, it basically quashes people from pulling this kind of move.

Having said that I don't think Curo or Taylor will have done something of this nature. Doesn't sound right. If they've had better offers from elsewhere they would probably just say "X has offered me this" and then leave it up to Tisdale to make them an offer if he wants to. That's the way I'd play it anyway.

citysfinest

The big powers have silenced me. So much for free
Tinter - is that you ?

ps. what the f*ck is the grapline :)
Haha
I think it's b*ll*cks, Taylor especially will know what this club is about financially and cureton will be happy to still be playing every week for a league one side so isn't going to making ridiculous demands.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
f I were Tis (God forbid), I'd offer all the good 'uns a little bit more for next season but offer really good bonuses for a Cup run and also for City's weekly position in the league, starting from being in the top 8..Do they do that already?

Northants Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
f I were Tis (God forbid), I'd offer all the good 'uns a little bit more for next season but offer really good bonuses for a Cup run and also for City's weekly position in the league, starting from being in the top 8..Do they do that already?
Yes...read either of garry nelsons books to get a flavour of the bonus culture..

If you remember we ended up paying more in bonuses for promotion into l1 Than the pitiful prize money...but thankfully not too much more...

ecfctis

I sincerely hope that Tis cuts the cloth suitably - less number in squad - to enable him to attempt to keep most of the players we all probably would wish him to keep, thus allowing the spare wage money to be spread across the squad sufficiently to persuade them to stay, as well as introducing one or two new members to the squad. Stop wasting money on a load of fringe players who number as many as the first team eleven plus subs. Doing this we can still have a decent shot at next season.

GrecianWonder

No mention of Nardiello yet that I can see. I take it he's too high an injury risk for a team with very little money to spend.
why would he have signed him in the first place the when we knew of his injury problems?

A Slacker

The other part of the wages equation is Marcus Stewart and Sir Rob. They will still need to be paid as coaches next season but I haven't a clue what the difference will be between being paid as a player/coach and just a coach. I imagine that to replace these two in the playing squad would cost quite a bit of the budget. However, my feeling is that Stewart is on the lookout for a more prominent role in coaching/management. If he did go would this lead to Jamie Cureton becoming strikers player/coach and hence an increase in wages? Pure speculation of course.

Grant C

Heard on the grapline what Cureton, Taylor etc are looking for to remain at the club. I understand they almost want there wages doubled from £1600 to £3000 per week. Before the usal suspects at the club start doubting the club lets remember where the club were and where the club are now. Also lets look at our friends down the road who have over spent £10,000 for damien Johnson per week. We are Exeter and we are punching above our weight so if Cuerton go lets remeber who we are and the limits we have and get behind the club
Out of curiousity - is £1,600/week the kind of higher end wages that we pay?

Back to my original post - Looks like I was right8-| mark my words Cuerton & Duffy are in a similar boat to Taylor and want near to £3000pw. I fear they are the next ones to leave[tap]