• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Victoria Inn

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
. Further reports from Oldsmobile on the St Anne's Well would be welcome. Does it have a USP?
Dave,what is USP ? I’m not very good with acronyms...I never knew that FECRACE was a acronym for years.I had to ask what it was eventually.:D.

iscalad

Dave,what is USP ? I’m not very good with acronyms...I never knew that FECRACE was a acronym for years.I had to ask what it was eventually.:D.
One of those manager speak things...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unique_selling_proposition

Saint James

I still don't know what FECRACE is so please spill the beans. Is it just me but exactly why is a discussion about a local pub on WOWS?

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
I still don't know what FECRACE is so please spill the beans. Is it just me but exactly why is a discussion about a local pub on WOWS?
1. Famous Exeter City Real Ale and Cider Emporium.

2. GOK (God Only Knows) and DIM (Does It Matter)

Last edited:

Saint James

1. Famous Exeter City Real Ale and Cider Emporium.

2. GOK (God Only Knows) and DIM (Does It Matter)
DIM? It depends I guess on whether people log on here to "discuss all the latest news, rumours and action from St. James Park, Cat & Fiddle and League 2" or whether they have a particular penchant for Union Road businesses :)

Oldsmobile-88

Ahh...Thank you Iscalad....As for a USP,handy if you will be sitting in the NOG..

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
DIM? It depends I guess on whether people log on here to "discuss all the latest news, rumours and action from St. James Park, Cat & Fiddle and League 2" or whether they have a particular penchant for Union Road businesses :)
I don't disagree, but can't get exercised about it - all the digressions and peregrinations are a feature of WoWS, just as they are on almost all similar web forums. I guess most people find interest and amusement in many of the digressions. If this definition was strictly enforced, the moderators would be very busy. And the St Annes Well (a.k.a Brook Green Tavern in my day) is of course actually on Well Street.

andrew p long

Ahh...Thank you Iscalad....As for a USP,handy if you will be sitting in the NOG..
Yep, far too many TLAs ( three letter acronyms).