• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Very interesting article on Tisdale. "Must read".

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
I’m not sure if I’ve read it somewhere before, but isn’t Tisdale the second longest serving manager behind Arsene Wenger?
I thought that couldn’t be right but I’ve just checked and you’re right - I had no idea - can’t believe it’s never been mentioned by anyone before.

iscalad

I thought that couldn’t be right but I’ve just checked and you’re right - I had no idea - can’t believe it’s never been mentioned by anyone before.
Blimey...news to me.

STURTZ

We only want results? We only think about City for two hours a week?

Been a City fan for 50 years and there are plenty like me, we will still live for City when Tisdale's off modelling tiger skin underpants on the fashion industries cat walk. He works 16 hours a day for which he is paid, we work 16 hours a day in order to help pay his wage, he's an employee and is not above criticism.

Grateful to Tis for all that he has done and the stability he has given us has helped us become established as a league club but I don't feel indebted to him.

It'll be strange and disruptive if/when he leaves but not the end of the world.

Didn't realise he was second longest serving manager behind Arsene Wenger, can that be true?

Last edited:

globegrecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Boo hoo. At what poi t did we start to owe him a living? On behalf of everyone I apologise for disrupting your cushy existence.
Agreed. Also Tagg on Talksport this morning claiming he is an “accidental” CEO - bet his salary isn’t accidental...

Tired of both of them and the hold they have had over this fan-owned club and now the toy-out-of-pram throwing when the cushy existence is threatened

Last edited:

Alistair20000

Correct me if I'm wrong but, contrary to what Tis suggests, my understanding was that the Trust demanded the club board should address the rolling nature of Tis' contract, there was no suggestion his salary would be reduced.
In fairness to The Cheese I am not sure he is suggesting his remuneration would be reduced. The lesser contract might refer to the reduced security with the cessation of the roller.

globegrecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
In fairness to The Cheese I am not sure he is suggesting his remuneration would be reduced. The lesser contract might refer to the reduced security with the cessation of the roller.
Yet Tisdale himself is quoted as saying the challenge of getting results immediately after joining us drove him to success- and those first four years were by far his most successful with us

Alistair20000

Yet Tisdale himself is quoted as saying the challenge of getting results immediately after joining us drove him to success- and those first four years were by far his most successful with us
I was only addressing the point that the level of his remuneration package was not the point Tis was making.

Alistair20000

Why does the interview say we went to Wembley twice ?

Lazy journalism or has The Cheese lost count ?

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Yawn, sadly him, Tagg and Perryman believe his hype far more than most fans.....

If you want to manage a corporation Tisdale go and do that - in the end of the day this is a football team & the 4000 blokes who turn up on a Saturday want to be entertained or if it's not that see the team fight for every 2nd ball or 50-50 it's pretty simple.

globegrecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
He’s a League 2 football manager and not Sir Alex. In fact he’s a League 2 football manager because his only actual achievement over the past 8 seasons is to get us relegated and sell our best players. No League 2 club should be handing out lucrative two-year rolling contracts.