• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Var

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
The trouble is, TV is making everyone out to be utterly thick (although to be fair, they’re not entirely wrong). I’m fed up of hearing people whining that they don’t know what’s going on and it’s confusing for supporters - well how so? Just how utterly thick do you have to be to not know that the ref is consulting VAR? He signals it, it appears on the giant screen that it’s a VAR consultation, what else do you need to know?

It can’t be that difficult surely - it’s a VAR consultation, you know it’s happening so just wait until the ref’s happy. Where’s the confusion? Simple, there isn’t any, just the TV companies making out it’s something that it isn’t. Granted they’re taking too long and granted they’re not using it very well but confusing for supporters it most definitely isn’t. Unless you’re a terminal dimwit of course.

grecIAN Harris

Pretty much disagree with everything you say - but given it's snowing I agree on this.

Referees & Linesman are human - footballers are human , leave it alone
But that's just force of habit and you've dug a hole so deep for yourself you couldn't admit to being wrong.

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
But that's just force of habit and you've dug a hole so deep for yourself you couldn't admit to being wrong.
Not at all you just talk a load of ****e but on this I agree

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Curious problem fro Germany. Half time whistle blown and players troop off. VAR looked at and a penalty awarded, so players return to the pitch and the penalty is scored and off they all troop again.

Does this mean they could do this after the final whistle has gone? That would be weird, finding out after you've left a game at the final whistle and then discover the result isn't what you'd witnessed.

#Farce

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Someone's dug the answer to my post above

Legohead

Banned
That is just bonkers Hants. I've got a feeling that this World Cup is gonna be so fun, simply due to VARcical VAR!