• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Upgrade to the fan zone

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
But it looks like a monstrous carbuncle on the face of a much loved and elegant friend...

fred binneys head

Not enough fountains for me.

Andy Holloway

But it looks like a monstrous carbuncle on the face of a much loved and elegant friend...
Exactly, where's Sir Norman Foster when you need him?

Antony Moxey

Does it need to look like a thing of beauty? Isn't the idea to cover an uncovered area, allowing extra potential revenue in the winter months?

It's a covered bar in Exeter, not a building of culture in Rome ffs. Slap a roof up and get on with it.
Well quite. How much more beautiful and aesthetic does it need to be?

STURTZ

I'd prefer the look of an Arabian Souk, perhaps an arched canvas tent look would be better, I've seen better pub garden smoking areas tbh.

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster
As long as it keeps everyone dry, I couldn't care less what it looks like.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Does it need to look like a thing of beauty? Isn't the idea to cover an uncovered area, allowing extra potential revenue in the winter months?

It's a covered bar in Exeter, not a building of culture in Rome ffs. Slap a roof up and get on with it.
I get this. But am not convinced the attraction of a beer in what is, essentially, a car park, with a plastic roof covered in seagull shit will be hugely appealing when the sun is shining.

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
Maybe we could have a roof Garden on top ;)

Andy_H

I'd prefer the look of an Arabian Souk, perhaps an arched canvas tent look would be better, I've seen better pub garden smoking areas tbh.
Considering most people drink in Red Square and smoke.......................

Antony Moxey

I get this. But am not convinced the attraction of a beer in what is, essentially, a car park, with a plastic roof covered in seagull shit will be hugely appealing when the sun is shining.
Why not? A shaded area is always welcome, and whether it's covered or not it's still, essentially, a car park, and that plastic roof covered in seagull shit means that it's not you covered in seagull shit. You know it's not going to cover every last inch of tarmac between the two sets of gates though, right?