• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Unique Opportunity

ecfc girl

Well-known Exeweb poster
This fantastic opportunity will see one bloody rich bugger having a close up view. You could bring a camera and snap away yourself or just come along and soak up the unbelievable view when the five time European champions, led by Kenny Dalglish, take on Paul Tisdale’s side.
Edited for factuals.

I agree with Jason. Most of us are actually quite poor and we don;t have the money to be able to afford to bid on an auction. Any spare cash a lot of us have is already being spent on ECFC in one way or another anyway. It's just unfair.

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
Absolutely spot on, ECFC Girl. No offence meant to Cheggers, the club or Pete. Ok, obviously, this is not an offer I could reasonably think I could do but any type of auction instantly disenfranchises me as I bounce along the bottom of the economy. Somebody will have a great day and I do not begrudge them the pleasure. However, a raffle now and again will bring some money into the club whilst allowing people who cannot compete in an auction the opportunity to win an ECFC related item / experience. Have a heart City ... :)

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Absolutely spot on, ECFC Girl. No offence meant to Cheggers, the club or Pete. Ok, obviously, this is not an offer I could reasonably think I could do but any type of auction instantly disenfranchises me as I bounce along the bottom of the economy. Somebody will have a great day and I do not begrudge them the pleasure. However, a raffle now and again will bring some money into the club whilst allowing people who cannot compete in an auction the opportunity to win an ECFC related item / experience. Have a heart City ... :)
Fair dos : it's not a bad idea, and it is true that time is short to organize a lottery with everything else going on.. If some rich guy wants to stick a couple of hundred quid in the kitty for his 5 minutes of fame, let him do it.. Nobody loses with this.

Last edited:

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
^^^^ I agree with your point Mike and I hope that somebody will. I also hope the club picks up that they can earn more money and more kudos (or cudos for Pete ;) ) by planning more longterm and involving us peasants ...

IndoMike

^^^^ I agree with your point Mike and I hope that somebody will. I also hope the club picks up that they can earn more money and more kudos (or cudos for Pete ;) ) by planning more longterm and involving us peasants ...
I'm all for the peasants, but capitalism rules at the moment, although it's sinking into the muddied waters of profit at all costs. If we can bring down the Tedburn Feudal & Reactionary Herald Times Gazette, it could be the start of something big.

Alistair20000

I'm all for the peasants, but capitalism rules at the moment, although it's sinking into the muddied waters of profit at all costs. If we can bring down the Tedburn Feudal & Reactionary Herald Times Gazette, it could be the start of something big.
The TFT&RH has a long and proud tradition of paternalistic care and attention to the needs of the serfs. The interloper Murdoch will be driven away

IndoMike

The TFT&RH has a long and proud tradition of paternalistic care and attention to the needs of the serfs. The interloper Murdoch will be driven away
I think that the Murdochs would be ideal owners, then.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
A fantastic offer. Would love to have done this, but finances are such that it won't happen for me. :(

Hope whoever wins is a good photographer.

Andy_H

As good an idea as it might seem on the surface sadly, in this day and age when so many people have 'run off with the takings' in similar circumstances, organising a draw is not quite as simple as nipping down to Range and buying a few books of cloakroom tickets. To make things legal under the Lotteries Act, which i'm sure someone on Exeweb will quote, you have to have a licence, properly printed tickets and balance sheets for tax and recording purposes.
As such while a fairer method of offering this excellent opportunity the time frame involved would make it prohibitive.

Andy_H
Enjoying the scenery in Norway so as to annoy dear old Mr Poults again!

ecfc girl

Well-known Exeweb poster
So why is it, when we have a draw for a season ticket, run by the NDG's the raffle tickets are actually a cloakroom ticket?