• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Undisclosed fee

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Apart from it being 'nice', what is the point of anyone knowing? How does it help the club, or even you as an individual fan?
Without knowing it just causes speculation and frustration. We're fans of which many of us of pay their hard earned money into the club via the trust or season tickets or match day tickets so it would be good to know what our best players leave for, giving us a idea of how well the club has or hasn't done out of the deal. All this cloak and dagger $h*t is just b0llo(ks.

Next season I'm going to offer an undisclosed fee for my season ticket....

sumner7

Administrator
Staff member
I remember it being disclosed that we paid £10k for Shaun Gale from Barnet about 20 years ago! :D

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
It only really matters during the two transfer windows. Wheeler's fee could be revealed tomorrow and the information would be of no use to anyone. By January it will be stale news.

I expect the players' agents let prospective clubs know the figures when they are touting their charges around during the summer.

Fareham Grecian

Without knowing it just causes speculation and frustration. We're fans of which many of us of pay their hard earned money into the club via the trust or season tickets or match day tickets so it would be good to know what our best players leave for, giving us a idea of how well the club has or hasn't done out of the deal. All this cloak and dagger $h*t is just b0llo(ks.

Next season I'm going to offer an undisclosed fee for my season ticket....
I can't see any good reasons in there for telling you or me what a player has been sold or bought for.