• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

UK Lockdown

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
My wife has to go back to teaching next week. I'm a bit on edge about it, especially
as she has pre-existing condtions. I said I'd go in and speak to her school, but she insists on teaching again : her duty and all that stuff.

Last edited:

Antony Moxey

My wife has to go back to teaching next week. I'm a bit on edge about it, especially
as she has pre-existing condtions. I said I'd go in and speak to her school, but she insists on teaching again : her duty and all that stuff.
Haha really? You’d genuinely have no qualms about not only undermining her but embarrassing her too? I can’t imagine ever being in the situation where I thought speaking for my wife in a work environment would be acceptable. I knew you lived in a different country, I never realised you lived in a different century too.

Banksy

I know what you mean Mike , two of my immediate family are teachers and we’re a bit on edge too.Hope all goes well.

IndoMike

I know what you mean Mike , two of my immediate family are teachers and we’re a bit on edge too.Hope all goes well.
Yep, Banksy. It's the pre-existing conditions problem that worries me. You know with pre-existing conditions the chances of getting Covid19 are the same but the effect once gotten is worse. Anyway, hope your two member of family teachers don't have a problem Bloody lottery, isn't it?

Sidey's back

Surely you should just volunteer to take her classes (and all the others), given you're an expert on everything.

Banksy

Yep, Banksy. It's the pre-existing conditions problem that worries me. You know with pre-existing conditions the chances of getting Covid19 are the same but the effect once gotten is worse. Anyway, hope your two member of family teachers don't have a problem Bloody lottery, isn't it?
One is my daughter who’s waiting for a hip operation. As she has difficulty walking at the moment , because of the pain she’s in she’s not looking for complications and any resulting delay in the op. Daughter in law is a headmistress down in Deben.

IndoMike

Surely you should just volunteer to take her classes (and all the others), given you're an expert on everything.
How's the cheese selling going, Sidey?
(Shall I call you Sidey?).
Must be draining for you selling cheese all day long.
Must confess I love a bit of cheese : I'll.pop.in and get some when I come back in December

Sidey's back

Don't. My ears (and heart) couldn't take it.

IndoMike

One is my daughter who’s waiting for a hip operation. As she has difficulty walking at the moment , because of the pain she’s in she’s not looking for complications and any resulting delay in the op. Daughter in law is a headmistress down in Deben.
Do you know when they're starting up again, Banksy?

Banksy

About three week’s time Mike.