• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

UK Lockdown

Legohead

Banned
You come across a cautious type, then you come out with this!

Are you insane? Swimming pools are a cess pools of germs.
Haha yes I know. Maybe it's a daft idea after all. There is one outdoor lido near me called Hathersage lido in the peak district. It's fantastic but does get busy. I might hold off until the kids go back and then give that one a go and test the water. In more ways than one.

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
Another business having to cutback in shops/staff, Hardly surprising when this industry is on its knees and online is the new "Safe" way of shopping, Won't be the last.

Legohead

Banned
On the swimming pool rules thing again. The more I think about it the more ludicrous it is.

They want me to get a shower at home, get changed into my costume at home and then arrive at the pool and go straight in after undressing.

So just say I do this and it takes me 20 minutes sat in the car stuck in traffic and hot sunshine to get to the pool thus I arrive sweating profusely and all manner of nasty bacteria, smells and things are accumulating about my person and I then am allowed to go straight into the pool once undressed!

But once I am out of the pool and all the bacteria and viruses have been killed by the chlorine I am allowed to get a shower. Who makes these rules up?!

Not to mention that when I get changed in the cubicle it will take me an extra 20 seconds to change into my swimming shorts so why the need to change at home?

I honestly think some managers of some places need lobotomizing. Or sacking.

It's the Covid equavilent of political correctness. Why can't they just take basic precautions and trust people to make their own decisions. Go to the pool if you want and be sensible. If you don't want to go then don't go. Simple. No need for all these micro managed rules boll*cks.

Also the one in one out rule with toilets. Why?! If i see the bogs i go and take a look inside. If i see one bloke on the end of the urinals having a pee i just go in with a mask on to the other side leaving a gap of a urinal or two and have a wee. If there are two blokes in there having a wee and i need a dump then i whizz past them with my mask on, get into the cubicle and evacuate myself. Simple. Have a look and make your own decision whether there are too many people in the bogs for you to find safe. If there are then wait. Common sense and no need at all for one in one out. Just let people make their own decisions FFS!!

Stupid dumb managers of places micro managing everything to the nth degree when all that is needed is common sense and consideration for others from bog users

Last edited:

tavyred

ONS have now published all-cause mortality comparison Jan-Jun, with England having the highest levels of excess mortality in Europe for the period as a whole. It's official.

6th largest economy in the world - first class finance/education/science/medicine - third class Government.

That’s a big call this early Elgy. You sure?

Mr Jinx

On the swimming pool rules thing again. The more I think about it the more ludicrous it is.

They want me to get a shower at home, get changed into my costume at home and then arrive at the pool and go straight in after undressing.

So just say I do this and it takes me 20 minutes sat in the car stuck in traffic and hot sunshine to get to the pool thus I arrive sweating profusely and all manner of nasty bacteria, smells and things are accumulating about my person and I then am allowed to go straight into the pool once undressed!

But once I am out of the pool and all the bacteria and viruses have been killed by the chlorine I am allowed to get a shower. Who makes these rules up?!

Not to mention that when I get changed in the cubicle it will take me an extra 20 seconds to change into my swimming shorts so why the need to change at home?

I honestly think some managers of some places need lobotomizing. Or sacking.

It's the Covid equavilent of political correctness. Why can't they just take basic precautions and trust people to make their own decisions. Go to the pool if you want and be sensible. If you don't want to go then don't go. Simple. No need for all these micro managed rules boll*cks.

Also the one in one out rule with toilets. Why?! If i see the bogs i go and take a look inside. If i see one bloke on the end of the urinals having a pee i just go in with a mask on to the other side leaving a gap of a urinal or two and have a wee. If there are two blokes in there having a wee and i need a dump then i whizz past them with my mask on, get into the cubicle and evacuate myself. Simple. Have a look and make your own decision whether there are too many people in the bogs for you to find safe. If there are then wait. Common sense and no need at all for one in one out. Just let people make their own decisions FFS!!

Stupid dumb managers of places micro managing everything to the nth degree when all that is needed is common sense and consideration for others from bog users
In their defense, it doesn't really matter what they say or do. Where swimming pools are concerned, it's all just lip service. The moment you walk through the door of a public baths, all bets are off.

Legohead

Banned
Also at the National Trust gardens I was at the other day there was a one in one out rule for the toilets. Yet in the small café people didn't have to do this and thus you had about 6 people queuing in a small indoor area not that much bigger than the toilet block PLUS the counter staff serving and this is fine? It's all a bit weird. No consistency at all. As you can see. It really winds me up! :ROFLMAO:

Whoever is making these decisions should be relinquished of their employment position for being too thick to realize this inconsistency.

LOG

Also at the National Trust gardens I was at the other day there was a one in one out rule for the toilets. Yet in the small café people didn't have to do this and thus you had about 6 people queuing in a small indoor area not that much bigger than the toilet block PLUS the counter staff serving and this is fine? It's all a bit weird. No consistency at all. As you can see. It really winds me up! :ROFLMAO:

Whoever is making these decisions should be relinquished of their employment position for being too thick to realize this inconsistency.
We're in a transitional phase so there are bound to be inconsistencies. I'd rather there were some rules in place than let people make their own decisions and use common sense though because i'm pretty sure that wouldn't end well. Some people couldn't follow the pretty black or white rules of lockdown after all.

Legohead

Banned
Continuing and thus finishing the National Trust bashing for today is this.

Last week I booked to go to one of their parklands. I couldn't make it so I went onto the website to cancel. Can't do it. Went onto the third party ticketing website they use to book tickets called Eventbrite to cancel. Looked for ever and couldn't find a simple tab that said CANCEL BOOKING. Therefore something that should be supremely simple is now beginning to become a chore.

I want to let them know I want to cancel so that someone else is able to take my place and I am not the kind of person that just doesn't book and then doesn't turn up.

So I finally concede that I will have to phone them up. Did so. Couldn't get through to speak to anyone.

Then they wonder why people don't turn up and let them know. It's because there is no way of doing it.

Antony Moxey

Continuing and thus finishing the National Trust bashing for today is this.

Last week I booked to go to one of their parklands. I couldn't make it so I went onto the website to cancel. Can't do it. Went onto the third party ticketing website they use to book tickets called Eventbrite to cancel. Looked for ever and couldn't find a simple tab that said CANCEL BOOKING. Therefore something that should be supremely simple is now beginning to become a chore.

I want to let them know I want to cancel so that someone else is able to take my place and I am not the kind of person that just doesn't book and then doesn't turn up.

So I finally concede that I will have to phone them up. Did so. Couldn't get through to speak to anyone.

Then they wonder why people don't turn up and let them know. It's because there is no way of doing it.
Email them

I highlighted the fact that last week I visited Burton Constable Hall.
Joyce and I visited there a number of years ago whilst staying in nearby Sproatley. I couldn't hide my embarrassment when, in the Chippendale Room, she asked the guide what time the show started. One track mind, that woman.