• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

UK Lockdown

manc grecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
Regarding the testing. Hancock is saying 100k tests by the end of next month which includes those tests that show people who have had it. Except that test doesn't exist yet?

IndoMike

There's a test for budding politicians.
1.You set them up for a lie detector
2. You ask them 10 questions and ask them to lie when answering each question.
3.if they lie but still pass the test they are selected as a candidate in the next election.

Simples.

IndoMike

Regarding the testing. Hancock is saying 100k tests by the end of next month which includes those tests that show people who have had it. Except that test doesn't exist yet?
Even if he doesn't reach the target he'll just say that he did. Who could disprove it?
He never produces details.
What a difference with Governor Cuomo in NY. He is excellent : lots of detail and he guides you through what's happening.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
It's not a good look for so many contracts to be given to companies where the owner has donated to the Tory party. This isn't the time for petty politics or such behaviour.

Grecian2K

Now now Hants. You're surely not suggesting that there is even the slightest taint of corruption in the procurement process? :eek:

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Now now Hants. You're surely not suggesting that there is even the slightest taint of corruption in the procurement process? :eek:
I am. Let them sue me.

elginCity

Subtle, and John Crace missed it too. Hancock didn't say 100,000 tests was a target, it's the goal, an aspiration for our respiration.

arthur

I would welcome a test that shows whether I've had it or not. In theory I could then go out and live a relatively normal life.

This all sounds wonderful in theory, but could be a nightmare in practice. Presumably we antibody possessors would need to carry a certificate around with us. When would it be checked, and who by? Every time I go to a shop or pub, by a security guard? Randomly on the street by a copper? And what about the potential for fraud, or people who've "failed" just nipping out on the grounds that their chances of being stopped are low?

There is also a certain irony in that the people who have behaved badly, carousing in pubs until midnight on that Friday, flocking to mass gatherings on that Sunday, piling on to overcrowded tube trains, and not practising any form of social distancing until after the official edict, will be the ones who picked the virus up, developed antibodies and would now be "free". Meanwhile those who behaved themselves, followed government advice from the word go and took responsibility for themselves and others are far less likely to have caught the virus and developed antibodies. And they will have to stay locked down!

Alistair20000

Subtle, and John Crace missed it too. Hancock didn't say 100,000 tests was a target, it's the goal, an aspiration for our respiration.
What precisely did Handjob say it was Elgy ? To me goal and target are pretty much the same but desire, wish or aspiration is different. Was he spinning, leaving wriggle room etc again ?

I have stopped listening to these feckers now. Even the Torygraph is writing that the Government is a shambles on this.

Legohead

Banned
A 36 year old ICU nurse passed away from Coronavirus yesterday and she had no underlying health conditions. This virus, although mild in most and mainly effecting the older population can affect anyone of any age. This is partly the worry. The probability is that if most of us were to get it we'd be ok but there is that doubt of what if i'm one of the unlucky ones - even if you are young too. It's more uncertainty unfortunately.

My heart goes out to the nurse who died and her family and I thank her for tragically paying with her life in order to help us. This is why those total imbeciles like Jack Grealish should not only be fined but locked up for 6 months for acting like tools and potentially costing the lives of people who actually matter.

Hancock and co. Shut your mouths. Focus on giving the NHS all they need and sod off from our TV screens until you and the other 'experts' have found a solution.