• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

U18s vs QPR

Bondy

Exeter - views are my own and not representative o
Is anyone going to watch the under 18s play QPR at SJP?

lmartin

Administrator
Hopefully someone can keep us posted. I will be at Oldham!

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Finished 1-1. City won on penalties. Jake Viney (our goalie) seems quite pleased with himself.

ecfc girl

Well-known Exeweb poster
Well done the U-18's. :)

Spoonz Red E

Very well known Exeweb poster
U18s were very impressive 2nd half. Simple football - kept the ball down and passed it well.

Fell behind to a QPR penalty when caught out by smart long ball and turn of speed. Equalized within a couple of minutes with a well worked move.

Had two other cast iron chances to win within the 90 minutes but just failed to put them away.

Kept cool heads for the penalties. 4-4 from the first 5 penalties eachs. In sudden death a good save from Viney (high shot palmed in the air and gathered) gave us the chance to wrap it up.

cityno1ledgend

great result!

heathy1

Attendance??

STURTZ

Any match report?

Hoping for some of these players to progress.

jase 07

Attendance??
I would estimate at 300 - 350.

jase 07

Any match report?

Hoping for some of these players to progress.
No in depth report as I am no Ant Moxey ! City started very brightly and passed the ball around very well in difficult conditions playing in to a very strong wind. QPR had plenty of pace in their team and looked threatening on the break but City were more than a match for them and played some very nice slick passing football. Didn't really deserve to go a goal down but it was a definate penalty. City bounced back very quickly with a well worked move that was calmly finished by number 7 Jacob Cane.

City had a couple of good chances in the second half but just couldn't apply the killer finish. So it was on to penalties and after each team scored 4 out of 5 very well taken penalties it was on to sudden death. City won 8-7 (I think).

All in all it was a very entertaining game and it was great to see that our youngsters measured up very well against Premier League Academy opposition.

There were good performance throughout the team most notably from Sam Brown, Jake Gosling, Jacob Cane and Jordan Moore Taylor.