• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Twenty quid says...

jmgull

Looks like three bets are on.
....you can pay the £20 to our T.U.S.T.....when the inevitable happens;)

Any other takers fancy £20 with me, now that Phil has his quota?

....same terms

nick_exmouth

I'll have £20.00 with you jm.

Same terms - lower league position = £20.00 to the rival Trust.

Nick

Red Box

JM,

I'll take you up on the same terms. The lowest place club between Exeter and Torquay pays the rival clubs Trust £20.00.

jmgull

nick, red box....you're on

...room for a couple more to make it a ton for the T.U.S.T!!

teddytora

Just in case anyone else is foolish enough to take the other side of Phil's bet I've got 3 clips of 20 quid to do, I take City's finishing position over the Turkey's. Come on Kenty, where are you??

Red Lion

nick, red box....you're on

...room for a couple more to make it a ton for the T.U.S.T!!
To be honest JM, unlike most on Exeweb I think your squad looks a lot better than ours. However I'm going to let my heart rule my mind and accept your bet; £20.00 on the team that stands highest in the final league table of the season, loser of the bet paying to their opponent's Trust?

globegrecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
To be honest JM, unlike most on Exeweb I think your squad looks a lot better than ours. However I'm going to let my heart rule my mind and accept your bet; £20.00 on the team that stands highest in the final league table of the season, loser of the bet paying to their opponent's Trust?
What????:-O Seriously, you think 'bench-warming' Phillips is better than Basham??? Martin 'I'll take-you-out' Rice better than Jones/Marriott???

I just don't get this: PT at least had EXPERIENCE as a manager before he took us to Wembley: Buckle has NONE - why does everybody seem to think he will be such a great manager? Because he used to play for Torquay and shouts a lot??

Torquay have NO idea about what is about to hit them; it took us 4 years to smell the coffee. BSP is a dark place but we are poised to get out at last thanks to REALISM on our part. Torquay however just seem over-confident and treating it all as bit of a party/joke: remind them about this as they trudge back from Histon after a 1-2 defeat on a Tuesday night...

The TRUTH will hurt....

B

Barmy Grecian

I agree with GG,how is I am useless and lanky and falls over Todd, I know what I'll pass the ball to the opposition twice RICE and I cant hit a barn door with a barge pole Philips,oh and of course the inexperianced Buckle of whom to be honest has had less experiance than a chimp. Come on they have signed some decent other players but who knows whether they will gell together. On the other hand we have 2 decent goakeepers a decent defense,a great midfield and a storming atack,we will finish above Torquay and they wont know what hit them when they are midway through the season.

jmgull

red lion - you're on too

...globe, you do come across as slightly worried......suprised you're not going to take me for 20 sheets, perhaps the TRUTH may hurt you a bit too much?

...my feelings is that on paper we have the stronger squad....just! - our pre season seems to have gone very well, exeter have the advantage of knowing the territory, decent even money bet i reckon.

....room for 1 more who fancies the greeks to finish higher than the gulls.

...not you though barmy, you're clearly under age.

globegrecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
red lion - you're on too

...globe, you do come across as slightly worried......suprised you're not going to take me for 20 sheets, perhaps the TRUTH may hurt you a bit too much?

...my feelings is that on paper we have the stronger squad....just! - our pre season seems to have gone very well, exeter have the advantage of knowing the territory, decent even money bet i reckon.

....room for 1 more who fancies the greeks to finish higher than the gulls.

...not you though barmy, you're clearly under age.
Happy to wager £20 quid on this, JM