• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Tv.

aaronleaman

Resigned
Will city be having some weekday games screened on sky sports?

if so, how much money will we make from this.

greenawayr

none announced so far. The money is usually negligable and offset by the chance that fewer fans may turn up if they can watch at home. Depends on conditions of the weather how we're doing in the league etc etc etc.

Gozzer

Very well known Exeweb poster
Very unlikely, I reckon. There will be bigger clubs to cover in L1, not to mention in the CCC.

ecfc2000

I doubt it, but if we did we'll probably recieve a sum in the region of £57,034.13.

Gozzer

Very well known Exeweb poster
Have you allowed for the recent reduction in VAT, ecfc2000? That figure looks a little suspect to me.

ecfc2000

Have you allowed for the recent reduction in VAT, ecfc2000? That figure looks a little suspect to me.
Ah, well spotted. *-)

*Back to the calculator*

exwick1

Sky are scheduled to show a Coca cola LEAGUE game (not championship) on Monday Aug'17th.
It has not announced which game yet. I don't know if they delay a game from the saturday (ecfc v Norwich) or bring forward from the Tuesday (ecfc v Yeovil). Either of these games would be a good show, but there are, of course, a number of other attractive LG1 games to pick from.i have picked these out as possibles.
Sat' games Swindon V MK Dons, Huddersfield v Southampton.
Tue' games Brentford v Norwich, L Orient v Charlton, Tranmere v MK Dons, Swindon v Southampton

shabbashaz

Well-known Exeweb poster
I can't see them changing 2 games so it would be shown on Sky, if the Norwich game was put back til the Monday, then we wouldn't play Yeovil on the Tuesday, if anything, and that's a big IF they would request the Yeovil one to be brought forward. I would think tho, they would change a match, so that the 2 teams involved don't have a midweek fixture already scheduled

exwick1

There is a full league programme of matches on the Sat 15th & Tues 18th & as clubs don't like playing twice in 48hrs it is more than likely to be a Saturday match delayed until Monday 17th with the Tuesday game rearranged for later in the season.
Whichever game, involving whatever clubs, is selected, it is always the supporters that get messed about, so while it would be nice to see ECFC on tv I hope they don't pick us on this occasion, but do, when it's a long away trip to Carlisle or Hartlepool or the like.

Last edited:

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member