• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Turning point - Tis slating the fans

Wheres Tully?

Nah, getting George in which brought pace, power, energy and a lack of fear was the turning point.
Definitely agree. We must do everything to try and get him back.

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
Exactly Oli. Either way, the criticism did coincide with a turn-around in results, and an improvement in atmosphere at SJP.

Alan Crockford

Well-known Exeweb poster
The truth about the players being met off the coach at Southend is - as always with great historic moments ( :) ) - somewhere in the middle.

The players were a bit bemused, but there were some who clearly enjoyed the moment. Tulls, naturally, saluted the fans from the coach steps with a comedy two arms aloft and Logie clearly enjoyed meeting his people.

It was perhaps also helpful that Ryan - who was perceived to be our new hate figure after his pen miss - got plenty of shouts of encouragement.

Reading between the lines from Tis's comments, I think that Tis and those few players who instinctively enjoyed being hailed by the fans were able to use that to lift things a bit.

Frankly, I'd be amazed if the player-fan relationship was anything like as important as getting George back, or pairing Dunne with Sercs, but for the sake of missing a couple of pints at Southend, I'm glad we took the time to do our bit.

tavyred

Very well known Exeweb poster
Frankly, I'd be amazed if the player-fan relationship was anything like as important as getting George back, or pairing Dunne with Sercs.......
But listening to Tis at the time it clearly was important.......important enough for Tis and certain players to use the media to besmirch the supporters of the only fans owned football club in the English game.
Tisdale can have the job at City for as long as he wants but he f*cked up part of his job post the Oldham game in my view.

Grecian_Jay

I tihnk Tis criticisng the fans was worng, however I do think it had a good effect so every cloud etc.

I could take criticism from Tis jsut about after everything he has done for us, but when Russell came out and had a pointless dig when it could have been left alone. Since then I have hoped to not see him in a city shirt again as to have the audacity to slag off the fans when you have contributed nothing is beyond a joke.

But in the end everything went okay so no worries. Just don't think Russell deserves to be at this great club. He is an everage lower league footballer who is past his (very limited) best.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
when you have contributed nothing
His goal at Elland Road is a little bit more than nothing.

Grecian_Jay

Brilliant, 1 free-kick in a defeat where we got no points. That definitely justifies his pathetic comments.

wemissmoxey

Not a lot though.

Again he was a good player but he is now too old and injury prone.