• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Tulley Reaction??

cityfan13

If fans are ' big ' enough to hurl abuse at our individual players, they should expect some back.

I'm glad Tully stuck up for himself.

I for one critisise our players when watching the games, but not so they can hear it. And i wouldn't dream of actually shouting and swearing at our own players as it achieves nothing, but for making yourself look like an idiot in front of everyone within earshot.

It just comes down to........if your going to pay to support our club and are big enough to give it ' the big one ' to our own players, then damn right you should expect some back.

Tully's a nice bloke, and whatever was said must have been bang out of order for him to react like that.

Chudleigh Cannon

Just checking...............

Is it still perfectly acceptable in polite circles to booh Harley?

Poultice

Very well known Exeweb poster
Just checking...............

Is it still perfectly acceptable in polite circles to booh Harley?
Nope, booing your own team would bring instant ejaculation.

flakey pasty

The club could throw people out for picking their nose with the wrong finger should it wish.

Gobby tw*ts that hurl abuse at players or officials should be thrown out and banned for life IMHO.

That sort of behaviour is the last resort of the low life scumbag, Tully should not have had to acknowledge the any of the muppets nvolved, the club should have immediately removed them from the ground.

The antics of the terminally unbright are an ongoing embarrasment both in football and the rest of society, it should not be tolerated.
wot he said.
unfortunately by doing pathetic w*nker gestures etc, Steve's bringing himself down to the level of the muppets.
I feel for Tully - not a nice experience for him -but I do think he's got a bit of growing up to do ...........

Ian Tarr

Nope, booing your own team would bring instant ejaculation.
Instant ejection, maybe. But instant ejaculation's too good for them. ;)

greenawayr

This is a different issue. You're talking about people abusing players on the OPPOSITE team. Players expect that and find it easier to handle than their own 'fans' doing it to them.
So you're saying it's acceptable to abuse a person if he is wearing a different football shirt to you???

This is football's problem!!!

Ashecfc

If fans are ' big ' enough to hurl abuse at our individual players, they should expect some back.

I'm glad Tully stuck up for himself.

I for one critisise our players when watching the games, but not so they can hear it. And i wouldn't dream of actually shouting and swearing at our own players as it achieves nothing, but for making yourself look like an idiot in front of everyone within earshot.

It just comes down to........if your going to pay to support our club and are big enough to give it ' the big one ' to our own players, then damn right you should expect some back.

Tully's a nice bloke, and whatever was said must have been bang out of order for him to react like that.

Totally agree well done Tully!!

I hate it when people say "he is a pro footabller and should conduct him self better" etc etc...

Footballers are human as well and have emotions and make mistakes.

I glad Tully stuck up for himself, shows he has passion and is trying to do well. Better than him not caring!!

surf123

Totally agree well done Tully!!

I hate it when people say "he is a pro footabller and should conduct him self better" etc etc...

Footballers are human as well and have emotions and make mistakes.

I glad Tully stuck up for himself, shows he has passion and is trying to do well. Better than him not caring!!

Its refreshing to read on hear someone saying players are humans. We all too often read critical ignorant comments putting players down on here( Stanno having to take loads of abuse ) by people who haven't got a clue. Thank god they don't have to read half the sh*t on here. Well done Tully react how you feel, as if you didn't you would probably be critised for not caring enough. Loose loose situations as people think just cos you play for city they can say what they like and do it how they want to you. Tully is a great player and an asset to the club

Poultice

Instant ejection, maybe. But instant ejaculation's too good for them. ;)
Just thinking that you would have to be a w*nker to do it in the first place.

Poultice

So you're saying it's acceptable to abuse a person if he is wearing a different football shirt to you???
Whilst agreeing with your general point tha abuse in whatever form would seem to be unnecessary, the reptillian side of my brain sees abusing the opposition as fair game, abuse of your own team is personal whereas the opponents generally, Sills excepted, are targetted as a team.