• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Tulley Reaction??

bazza1953

Thought we had heard the last of this. I am totally amazed to think someone said something of that nature - it certainly wasnt me - read my orginal post! That comment is totally sick and the perpetrator deserves what he gets so please dont tar me with that brush.

If need be, I am quite happy to call any witness you like whoever the person who wrote that comment is actiing rather libellous if truthful.

exesaddler

Bazza, judging by your post count I'm guessing you haven't been around on exeweb that long. Maybe you've been lurking I don't know but one thing you must learn very quickly is that if you have something critical to say, constructive or otherwise, expect to be slaughtered by the PC Rose Tinted Brigade. In their world you can not call a spade a spde and you certainly cannot say anything detrimental about the players even when they deserve it.
Bazza states that we have 'shipped so many goals' by passing the ball around mid field...how many exactly....1,2,3 absolute rubbish.

Fine if you have to criticise the club but at least have some facts on hand.

By all means call a spade a spade....unless of course it isn't a spade in the first place.

It still amazes me that after the season we have had so far there are still those at the park who believe the only way to play football is to get the ball forward at the earliest possibility as demonstrated by my fellow fan sitting behind me yesterday.

Rather sad really.

COOMO

I sit in the same row as bazza and I can say he does get a bit vocal on occassions
but I can also state at no time did he make any reference to Tully's mother yesterday.

tisdale 1

Resigned
TBH the abuse being hurled about at SJP is getting f*cking stupid now.Yesterday on the big bank the amount of abuse aimed at the players even more so when they were in ear shot was shocking.no wonder people like gilly has not got anytime to clap fans at the end of the match with the sh*t he has to listen to.

TimG

I get very wound up when i hear anyone abussing the players or anything like that at a MATCH i dont give a sh*t if anyone has a go at them on here or wherever. But FFS you are at a match to support ure team and get behind them not discourage them. Well done tully i say.

Also did anyone hear the booing that happened on the bank when the half time wistle went? Thats just f*cking stupid!

tisdale 1

Resigned
well we have f*cking stupid fans.the ones that never go away only homes games and think they have a god given right to boo if they dont like what they are seeing,the expect to much.If they went away and so the support the team they would understand what good support is!

radiogrecian

try supporting the team instead of criticising your man
Sorry I haven't read the whole thread, but to be honest, the original explanation doesn't sound like much of a criticism to me.

for christs sake man put the ball forward
Perhaps the way the comment was worded wasn't correct, and I obviously didnt hear the tone that was used, but taken at face value it's actually advice and not a criticism.

On a different note - I thought Tully played really well yesterday.

Last edited:

AHAT

Re: Tully Reaction??

As a season ticket holder in the old grandstand I was sickened by the very personal comments aimed directly at Steve Tully from at least two people sitting in the Exec 100 club section. They were extremely abusive and made me furious never mind the person they were aimed at. I thought the player's reaction was compleltely justified given the comments made. When you go to a fotball match is it a reasonable expectation that you will not hear ignorant, foul mouthed ,comments aimed directly at your own players by alleged fans?

radiogrecian

They were extremely abusive and made me furious never mind the person they were aimed at. I thought the player's reaction was compleltely justified given the comments made.QUOTE]

In that case, although probably not the RIGHT thing to do, I can totally understand Tully's reaction.

UTC

TimG

As a season ticket holder in the old grandstand I was sickened by the very personal comments aimed directly at Steve Tully from at least two people sitting in the Exec 100 club section. They were extremely abusive and made me furious never mind the person they were aimed at. I thought the player's reaction was compleltely justified given the comments made. When you go to a fotball match is it a reasonable expectation that you will not hear ignorant, foul mouthed ,comments aimed directly at your own players by alleged fans?
Did u not say anything to them? i would have told them to shut the f*ck up