• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Trust Board Election - Hustings and deadline for questions

Pete Martin (CTID)

Very well known Exeweb poster
Just to add a small point to the discussion about overseas based Trust Board members. There is a precedent for this as, when the Trust first took over the club, we were only to glad to have the intelligent and invaluable input from Geoffrey Styles who, at that time, was living in Frankfurt.

Last edited:

Alistair20000

Just to say that I am the "one" mentioned that won't be able to attend either the hustings or the AGM I'm afraid. I will be sending in written responses to any questions that are raised and hope there is a lively debate.
I would just put on record that Terry disclosed the problem with physical attendance at Trust meetings etc in view of his location when I agreed to support his run for election. As Bitts and others have noted, with modern technology and communications this really is not an issue. What is important is the person and his aims/objectives.

PeteUSA

I would just put on record that Terry disclosed the problem with physical attendance at Trust meetings etc in view of his location when I agreed to support his run for election. As Bitts and others have noted, with modern technology and communications this really is not an issue. What is important is the person and his aims/objectives.
Excellent. Terry should be a shoo- in anyway! (y)

Number13

Shame as what put me off nominating myself was location and early comments that attendance was required

Pete Martin (CTID)

Shame as what put me off nominating myself was location and early comments that attendance was required
Not a dig at you at all, but your comment highlights the importance of anyone considering standing for election of mugging up on the formal procedures in the Trust rules and also thoroughly reading the bumph sent out to prospective candidates.

PeteUSA

thoroughly reading the bumph sent out to prospective candidates.
...."Reading the bumph"... Made me chortle Pete; I havent heard that term in ages. You'm a good old Exeter Buay innee ? (or is it Bauy?)

Pete Martin (CTID)

...."Reading the bumph"... Made me chortle Pete; I havent heard that term in ages. You'm a good old Exeter Buay innee ? (or is it Bauy?)
It's bauy, bauy.

Ooohhh arrgh, I were born n' bred yer, back in them there days wen you only efer 'erd praper grammerr on thicky BBC.

PeteUSA

It's bauy, bauy.

Ooohhh arrgh, I were born n' bred yer, back in them there days wen you only efer 'erd praper grammerr on thicky BBC.
Great stuff! You'm doin a good job bauy; keep up the good work! (rofl)

Red Bill

Bumph isn't a Devon word!

ChrisWickens

Just to add a small point to the discussion about overseas based Trust Board members. There is a precedent for this as, when the Trust first took over the club, we were only to glad to have the intelligent and invaluable input from Geoffrey Styles who, at that time, was living in Frankfurt.
And to add a little to that Geoffrey was not just sitting as Trustee on the BOS but also directly assisting the Club Board.

Last edited: