• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Trust AGM

Matt Russell

I think the greater need is for the four trust members who sit on the club board to be replaced. Them staying in their positions indefinitely is not a good idea
I thought we'd agreed that no Trust Board member stayed indefinitely. Every TB member has to seek re-election every three years and the position of the four Trust Board members who sit on the Club Board is no different.

Last edited:

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
I thought we'd agreed that no Trust Board member stayed indefinitely. Every TB member has to seek re-election every three years and the position of the four Trust Board members who sit on the Club Board is no different.
Matt, I'm now fully aware of the above, although as you know I originally misundertood the process in removing or replacing them. I'm just saying what I believe one or two others were thinking when this whole issue came up. Furthermore I think three years is too lengthy a stint for that position.

Matt Russell

Furthermore I think three years is too lengthy a stint for that position.
What length of time would you consider appropriate?

PeteUSA

What length of time would you consider appropriate?
2 years; then stand down. Its an extremely important position that needs to be filled adaquately.

Alistair20000

The focus needs to be on how good the individual is, not capping the length of service. I favour a 4/5 year stint for the right individuals and if they have to face re-election to the Trust Board during the period of office on the Club Board so be it. Lose in the election = resign from Club Board.

PeteUSA

The focus needs to be on how good the individual is, not capping the length of service. I favour a 4/5 year stint for the right individuals and if they have to face re-election to the Trust Board during the period of office on the Club Board so be it. Lose in the election = resign from Club Board.
Sounds good. TBH I think there are one or two under achievers right now.

Matt Russell

The problem with a short period of tenure is that by the time you've grown into the role and learnt all about the issues both front and background, it's not too far from the time you have to stand down. This way leads to little progress with none or little continuity.

Matt Russell

You do realise that we've gone from 2 years to 4 - 5 years in the space of little over half an hour and it "sounds good?"
Awaiting with interest what part of their duties the unnamed individuals have under achieved.

Last edited:

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Up to 50 % of the trust board are underachieving !

That's a pretty strong statement.

malcolms

You do realise that we've gone from 2 years to 4 - 5 years in the space of little over half an hour and it "sounds good?"
Awaiting with interest what part of their duties the unnamed individuals have under achieved.
According to Dr. Dave, the only area where they've over achieved is in developing processes that are both tortuous and impossible to interpret.