• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Trust agm motion

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
If the Fans Forum is stage managed to limit the time for the open questions perhaps we should try to focus on here and agree say the 6 most important questions that need to be asked and someone could ask them on our behalf.

Saint James

Pathetic ! It's meant to be a FANS forum, and yet they are trying to avoid the issue that the fans are most concerned about !
It appears so given "trends in finances in the lower divisions of the game" is the hot topic. This is merely an opportunity to hogwash the gullible with how we can't compete with the Northern Powerhouses of Morecambe, Accrington or even the likes of Forest Green with their inexhaustible supply of cash. Of course no mention will be made of how the sizeable budget we had last season was totally wasted or why he choose to waste the finite money we have this season on crocks like Troy taking up £4k a month in salary.

Last edited:

globegrecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
It appears so given "trends in finances in the lower divisions of the game" is the hot topic. This is merely an opportunity to hogwash the gullible with how we can't compete with the Northern Powerhouses of Morecambe, Accrington or even the likes of Forest Green with their inexhaustible supply of cash. Of course no mention will be made of how the sizeable budget we had last season was totally wasted or why he choose to waste the finite money we have this season on crocks like Troy taking up £4k a month in salary.
Indeed. If only we could sell one of our youngsters for £1.75m or go on a Cup runand have a replay with Liverpool, then we could compete with the likes of Newport County

rightwing

Well-known Exeweb poster
Indeed. If only we could sell one of our youngsters for £1.75m or go on a Cup runand have a replay with Liverpool, then we could compete with the likes of Newport County
I very much doubt it. My old mate has just become Chairman there and I know very well that he has the financial nous to ensure that limited resources are applied very effectively. He also won't stand any nonsense from a manager.

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Bet Chief Cockwomble scrapers after his bit.
You can see it happening can't you....

Thank you Taggy

You'll never see a Range Rover go down sidwell street so fast

dontpassback

When city played northampton last season,one of the gripes from the inner circle was that because northampton had a large loan from the council,we could not possibly compete etc etc,well if thats the case we might as well lock the gates because people like FGR and eastleigh are not short of a bob,so if se cant compete with accy and morecambe,what chance will we have in the conference.?

When city played northampton last season,one of the gripes from the inner circle was that because northampton had a large loan from the council,we could not possibly compete etc etc,well if thats the case we might as well lock the gates because people like FGR and eastleigh are not short of a bob,so if se cant compete with accy and morecambe,what chance will we have in the conference.?
No chance a very long slumber in the conference awaits us

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
I look at the conference table and can't see us being much more than mid table in there currently

MarkLee

Just sent another reply to the trust:
I am getting equally frustrating replies from the Trust. I am in two minds as to whether to post the full exchange on here as it may reduce the chance of receiving a response containing any useful information if the Trust feels it's going to be broadcast on Exeweb (that said, there's no good reason that it shouldn't be).

Effectively all the Trust are willing to confirm is that they have 'demanded' that the Club Board serve notice on Tis. They are not willing to confirm that this notice has been served, or give any information about the timescale in which it needs to be served, or the consequences to the Club Board if they do not serve notice.

As the majority shareholder the Trust should be able to ensure that the Club Board carries out this fundamental action. It seems that at the moment that there is no way in which the Trust are able to do this.

My latest email has asked how the Trust can hold the Club to account if the action is not taken. There must be a solution short of a Vote of No Confidence in the Club Board, surely?

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
My latest email has asked how the Trust can hold the Club to account if the action is not taken. There must be a solution short of a Vote of No Confidence in the Club Board, surely?
That query should leave the Trust with little or no wiggle room whatsoever. They have no choice but to lay it on the line or be accused of fudging the issue.

Of course they might choose to ignore your email altogether.