• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Trust agm motion

Red Bill

I hope it gets support so the whole thing is debated, acted on and put to bed.
I hear/read about people who have been saying for years that something should be done.
I reckon these guys just assume things are done 'by magic'
We're all to blame IMO, all moaning, no one doing anything. In the last two years, and if my research is correct, there has been one motion tabled at Trust board meetings....ONE!
People say the trust is toothless and doesn't act. How can people listen if no one is talking?
Well said Doug. We do have power, we just need to use it. If attendance at the last few AGMs is anything to go by, around 50 votes in support of a motion/proposal would be enough to see it passed. Sadly this highlights the lack of engagement and tendency to sit and moan without getting involved, rather than demonstrating how few people are needed to pass a motion.

So come on people, in the words of Jonny Rotten; Get off your arse!!!

greatwhite

If enough support is forthcoming from Trust members will it work and what barriers can the Club throw up to block it?
Under Trust rules the board has no option (as I understand it) to act on the motion proposed by the elected trust members and report back to ALL trust members on the findings of said motion..
I'd like to point out now and come clean I have seconded this motion being proposed and happy to do so. The time for change is now upon us I feel and as a trust member and looking into the rights we actually do have with our fingertips on a keyboard, printer access and a few brain cells the power (via support) enough to set the wheels in motion which is what Doug and myself have decided to do...Vocal supporter protests are often just a sea of profanities that get nowhere in modern football and achieve no change..If the motion is blackballed at the AGM then that is a matter of serious concern in which case I personally will send in a motion that a full external and independent audit be carried out on transactions to and fro over the last five seasons if that is blackballed then I'll lose all faith in the Trust and what it was set up to achieve, cancel my membership and not bother looking for flights from Paris to Exeter to feel the atmosphere on the BB...
Trust members dust off the membership card you have the right to elect a new trust board and make the sitting board sweat by calling emergency general meetings to discuss what is going on...

[Luke is practicing lightsaber drills against a remote]
Han Solo: Good against remotes is one thing. Good against the living, that's something else

My aim is to take the living dead out of ECFC if not tomorrow very soon by what as a trust member and shareholder of the club I actually have..

Last edited:

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Do not underestimate the ability of the forces of reaction and inaction to gather in lots of proxies to try to defeat this motion. (boffin)

The motion could of course be much simpler: "FFS sort out Tisdale's contract :mad: "

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
He'll be gone by the end of the week,, any way.

Last edited:

Banksy

He'll be gine by the end of the week,, any way.
You reckon , fiddling while Rome burns comes to mind.

greatwhite

Last edited:

Grecian2K

Please, please show your workings here, Hants?

PeteUSA

C'mon Hants, you heard something? You can tell us on here; it'll go no further.

greatwhite

it'll go no further.
For the moment...

PeteUSA

For the moment...
So you've heard something as well?