• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Trust AGM 2018

WXF

Makes our ownership of our club all the more special. A jewel in Exeter's civil society crown and an inspiration to others.

sign of the chimes

) b) We don't own our ground and therefore uninteresting to would be predators
Question from the ignorant... I didn't know that, who owns SJP?

Last edited:

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Question from the ignorant... I didn't know that, who owns SJP?
Exeter City Council.

Avening Posse

Very well known Exeweb poster
Just read Julian Taggs link. Very informative and easy to follow. I've seen him criticised on here in the past, but very decent bloke in my book

Fareham Grecian

Good open, honest report from Tagg. It would be nice if the confirmation of the fact that our budget is mid-L2 stopped some of the ill informed chatter on here but that may be too much to ask.

Exehausted

I thought that was a good report from JT. Some particular issues that he's raised:
Our budget is, apparantly, around 12th or 13th highest in the league.
Of the 4 trust owned clubs 2 are up for sale as they are struggling to manage financially. I'm not sure who the other 3 are, I know AFC Wimbledon is one, Portsmouth used to be, not sure if the still are. Don't know beyond that.
The OTR clarification is very helpful. If it's this simple it should arguably have been clarified several years ago.
Of the 38 Cat 3 Academies ours is in the top3 if not the best.
We are certainly light years ahead of where we once were, not so very long ago.
I hope next year's financial report can be broken down into "pre the new stand and post it". I've said several times that I think the superb new facilities will help to raise our matchday profits. I don't know if this will be possible but I just thought that if I get it out there early enough, someone with influence might think it's a good idea. If we can reduce the amount that we need to top up the budget, or, if we get promoted, to put even more into the budget to enhance our chances of doing well, the better.

elginCity

"....The directive from the fans that they wanted to complete the away end was a great call. Financially this aspect has cost us quite significantly..."

Anybody know whether their "should funds permit" pledge meant the Developer contributed anything at all to this ?

Snakebite

Well-known Exeweb poster
Just read Julian Taggs link. Very informative and easy to follow. I've seen him criticised on here in the past, but very decent bloke in my book
I’d agree, many including me have been critical of him, but I’m impressed by his honesty and the clarification on the OTR situation.

fred binneys head

Good open, honest report from Tagg. It would be nice if the confirmation of the fact that our budget is mid-L2 stopped some of the ill informed chatter on here but that may be too much to ask.
Julian Tagg saying it doesn’t make it a “confirmation of the fact”. Surely you’ve heard the things he’s said before? As it happens, I’m happy to believe him on this, but it won’t stop the doubters and disbelievers.

Fareham Grecian

Julian Tagg saying it doesn’t make it a “confirmation of the fact”. Surely you’ve heard the things he’s said before? As it happens, I’m happy to believe him on this, but it won’t stop the doubters and disbelievers.
Not sure what you are getting at here Fred. What has he said before?