• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Troy in midfield

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
Stop this Tisdale. Thanks.

SG ReD

I'm actually a fan, and he is just behind midfield with noble, it stops the build up play in the middle opposing a threat against us, teams find it hard to break through the middle with troy there, also our defence is strong enough without him.

cityno1ledgend

I think its his best position! just in front of the back four...

memoman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Sorry GM. But I disagree.

Leanord

I actually think he has done quite well there since the season begun. He seems to add a bit of steel there aswell.

Jam Doughnut

Looks very good in midfield...our best midfielder against chesterfield.

Agreed with Max to a certain extent, this was one of the key reasons why we had no craetive spark in the middle of the park yesterday.

Dunne, Noble and Troy are hardly the best attacking trio and in a game we should be winning, there is no need to have Troy there.

I understand playing him there in ceratin games, such as the Liverpool game or when he played there against Charlton, but it is a negative move IMO.

Last edited:
my thoughts last night were he was woeful and today I still do, his passing was terrible and at times he looked like a headless chicken, other than that he was ok;)

RobG

tackles well but cant pass forward to save his life! depends if we want to break their play up or make good forward play ourselves

richard_portland

Very well known Exeweb poster
Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
Would rather see Troy in defence and give mcnish/keohane a go, think once sercs is available we wont see troy in midfield anymore.