• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Troy Brown Knee Surgery

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
He's a dam fine player I don't think I've seen him have a bad game.
:D obviously didn't go to the Barnet away game a few years back... was run ragged all day and then powered in a superb own goal

I really like Troy for this level but think Croll has the potential to be better so he needs to take his opportunity.

Last edited:

Temporarily Exiled

Potentially out for the rest of the season according to Matt Taylor. :(
Very disappointing. Thankfully with Croll, Moxey, Sweeney and O'Hara, we aren't short on cover at the back. Big season for Croll.

Saint James

Not sure how much contract time Troy has but his average of 25 games a season over his career must raise questions about his long term future?

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Any news from Troy via twitter etc ?

andrew p long

Not sure how much contract time Troy has but his average of 25 games a season over his career must raise questions about his long term future?
A completely misleading unfair stat. in the last six seasons Troy has made 240 appearances, an average of 40 per season.in each and every one of those seasons he has made more than 25 appearances.

You can only get an average of 25 appearances per season by including the four years when he was 21 or younger and hadn’t broken into first team football. It’s a bit like saying Matt Jay , Archie Collins and Jack Sparkes are injury prone because they don’t have many first team appearances so far.

Saint James

A completely misleading unfair stat. in the last six seasons Troy has made 240 appearances, an average of 40 per season.in each and every one of those seasons he has made more than 25 appearances.

You can only get an average of 25 appearances per season by including the four years when he was 21 or younger and hadn’t broken into first team football. It’s a bit like saying Matt Jay , Archie Collins and Jack Sparkes are injury prone because they don’t have many first team appearances so far.
Aah yes you are right I didn't really examine the stats fully so stand corrected. However, if this is the same injury which also derailed him last season as this it could still be argued it could raise questions over his longer term future? I say could because it's way too early to tell accurately

Alistair20000

Does having the name Troy increase the risk of knee problems and requiring surgery ? :(

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Does having the name Troy increase the risk of knee problems and requiring surgery ? :(
I heard something about Helenof Troy being leg injury.

Sorry.

Alistair20000

Did someone suggest you leave out the cricket and the politics Jason ?

To quote from the famous French dictum: Jamais deux sans trois :)

Actually it was quite clever

Last edited:

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
I'm here all week with a special new highbrow form of humour.*

*Actually it was partially nicked from Alistair McGowan's David Beckham.