• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Transparancy!!!

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Because this is a supporter run club so the opinions and actions of supporters are pretty important.

The original letter in the echo which this thread is about is a supporter saying he is no longer going to games now due to the management giving mixed signals and not strengethining the team. this may be a stupid reaction nbut at the same time it is the club losing money as this supporter won't be paying to come to SJP anymore.

But as soon as anyone dares to question what is going on you get the usuak bunch on here who just to refer to 'In Tis we Trust' which isn't going to help. i am just of the opinion that we shouldn't just trust him but actually sometimes question what is going on with our money.
This "supporter" must be from the same mould as those who tore their tickets up at Carrow Road on the first day of the season.

Yeovilgrecian

Twenty million pounds in debt and playing L1 football. :-O
Nearly 23 million in debt, still strengthening their squad, paying for Deliotte to come and advise on their finanaces, appointing King Sturge to look after their property matters, obviously got a bigger overdraft as well, Delia will have to be cooking the books soon!

Saint James

I know I harp on about it a lot, but isn't that the job of the chairman?
The Chairman of most organisations and football clubs is a non-operational role. The Chief Executive is an operational role in charge day to day. The Chairman sets (with the Board of Directors) the broad strategic direction and objectives - it is the role of the Chief Exec to manage the resources (money and people) to achieve the direction and objectives. The newly appointed Chairman will be the Chairman of the Board and the role will be in the region of 6 days a month.

Oli

Very well known Exeweb poster
Chairmen often hold positions on many boards, as Saint James says it is non-operational.

Mackster

Those Norwich figures are pretty shocking, and Delia's going to have to find another £2.9 million next season.

If you compare it to our figures...

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Perfect example of someone thinking Exeweb is the only way to support the club. Grow up!
Exeweb is here to discuss and to support...

So what do you think is going on with our money Mr All Grown Up? Are Tagg, Tisdale and Perryman fleecing us a la Russell and Lewis? Do you think that they've created an illusion of a successfully run football club over the last 3, 4 or 5 years whilst secretly stashing away pots of cash under their beds? And that by investing money in coaches, physios and general improvements to training facilities in order to improve the playing staff that what they're actually doing is taking us for a ride?

Last edited:

So what do you think is going on with our money Mr All Grown Up? Are Tagg, Tisdale and Perryman fleecing us a la Russell and Lewis? Do you think that they've created an illusion of a successfully run football club over the last 3, 4 or 5 years whilst secretly stashing away pots of cash under their beds? And that by investing money in coaches, physios and general improvements to training facilities in order to improve the playing staff that what they're actually doing is taking us for a ride?
Perfect response SRJ.

city_youth

Smart reply Dommers, but its a thin line between love and crime, and bottom 5, and bottom 4. The table clearly shows we are only just good enough to be in this league. And must surely try to do the things that might make us more comfortable.
I hate to be a pedant JR, but you are making accusations here without sound reasoning.

The table shows we are only just good enough AT THE MOMENT. You could cite a number of reasons - not good enough players, sheer bad luck with sending offs/bad decisions - the list could be endless.

However, it matters diddly squat where you were at Xmas 09/New Year 10; for all you know we could win every game between now and the end of the season and make the play offs. What matters is where you are at the end of the season. What would happen if Leeds have a dodgy patch of form for the rest of the season? It would hardly matter they've been top so far all year then would it?

Yes, the table at this point is a bit of a marker about where we are, but, in past seasons, we have always improved second half of the season. Now we may not this season, I can't prove that, but the fact that we usually do fills me with a little confidence that Tis knows what he's doing.

papillon

Top post Ronnie!!

dommers

Yes, the table at this point is a bit of a marker about where we are, but, in past seasons, we have always improved second half of the season. Now we may not this season, I can't prove that, but the fact that we usually do fills me with a little confidence that Tis knows what he's doing.
That was exactly my point. We either believe Tisdale has the resources and will spend the money correctly to get us out or not in which we might as well get rid of him.