• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Transfers etc,being Trust owned

I was thinking about the impending sale of Tom Nichols.
Do the trust representatives have any input as to whether we should sell a player &/or what fee should be accepted?
It seems Peterborough's owner (who puts money into the club) is able to say who they will/won't buy etc.

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
I was thinking about the impending sale of Tom Nichols.
Do the trust representatives have any input as to whether we should sell a player &/or what fee should be accepted?
It seems Peterborough's owner (who puts money into the club) is able to say who they will/won't buy etc.
Indirectly yes. In practice The Trust through it's representatives have a say in the appointment of the manager. The manager is given a budget to work to, and within the limitations of that budget is given the power to make all decisions. When it comes to a major sale of a player this would be discussed at Club Board level, and the Manager would be given an idea of what proportion of the fee would be made available him for his football budget.

andrew p long

Indirectly yes. In practice The Trust through it's representatives have a say in the appointment of the manager. The manager is given a budget to work to, and within the limitations of that budget is given the power to make all decisions. When it comes to a major sale of a player this would be discussed at Club Board level, and the Manager would be given an idea of what proportion of the fee would be made available him for his football budget.
but by the sound of it the manager doesn't decide? Is it that the manager advises, the board decides?

Colesman Ballz

but by the sound of it the manager doesn't decide? Is it that the manager advises, the board decides?
Certainly that was the case in the past, but I am not aware of any occasion that Club Board chose not to act on managers advice. After all, if you employ someone to do the job, you entrust them with their decision making. It was always pretty harmonious. For example when Ryan Harley was transfered in the January window to Swansea, Tis thought that it was more beneficial to us, if he were loaned back for the rest of the season, rather than receive a modest fee, and the Board agreed.

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think the Board probably trusts Tisdales judgement within the scope of budget he is given... And to be fair Tisdales track record of generating significant amounts of cash through player sales supports the the Boards position. Tisdale has obviously benefited hugely from having such a strong academy set-up but I think he would be the first to advocate the Board to assign money towards the Academy even though it doesnt necessarily support his own personal short term budget. I think he's got enough nouse to know that it benefits him significantly in the long term. I would argue that supporting the Academy (even potentially improvement of the Academy?) is the best thing to spend the budget on.