• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Transfer targets in the summer

Grecian_Jay

Very well known Exeweb poster
I would rather we spend some of this new money setting up a scouting network as lets face it Tisdale isn't doing it is he.

'Lord Tisdale' will probably blow the entire Grimes transfer fee on a team of aging, injury prone players on big money, well the West Country is a good place to come if you are looking to retire. At least our physio will be earning his money, unlike the rest of the wasters running the club!

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
We all know what we need

Will Tisdale know ? Doubtful given his signings in the last 2-3 pre seasons

Colesman Ballz

Anyone have any thoughts on Krystian Pearce, who was released by Turkey today (possibly for finanancial reasons, as he has come to the end of a 2 year contract, signed when they were a League club ?). I recall listening to the to the Radio Devon presenters selecting their Devon "team of the season" for 2013-14 and they were impressed with him and voted him in as one of the central defenders. At 6' 2", reputedly good in the air, and can play with the ball at his feet, could be worth a look ?

Colesman Ballz

Interesting to note the Portsmouth players being mentioned on this thread, given that their players wages for 2014-15 are in the public domain having been published on line. Portsmouth's 27 players are paid around £3.5million.

Jack Whatmough is the equal lowest paid at £423pw (22,000 p.a) and his contract expires 30-6-16, so whilst we could comfortably improve on that, as mentioned the transfer fee would preclude this.

By comparison James Dunne is on £1481pw (77,000 p.a.), Paul Jones £1410pw (73,333 p.a.). and then you get to the 15 players in the £100k - £44Ok bracket !

Matt Tubbs is on £2256pw (c £118,000 p.a ), RYAN TAYLOR is at No 2 in pecking order on £5,923pw (£308,000 p.a) with a contract running until 30-6-16, so forget about signing him until he is at least 38 years old, and if anyone fancies Nicky Shorrey, we will need a hefty donation from a Euromillions Jackpot winner to match his £440,000 p.a. salary !

Sobering figures for us Grecian fans, but hey, look on the bright side, we have finished above them in the table this season !:)

Terryhall

Anyone have any thoughts on Krystian Pearce, who was released by Turkey today (possibly for finanancial reasons, as he has come to the end of a 2 year contract, signed when they were a League club ?). I recall listening to the to the Radio Devon presenters selecting their Devon "team of the season" for 2013-14 and they were impressed with him and voted him in as one of the central defenders. At 6' 2", reputedly good in the air, and can play with the ball at his feet, could be worth a look ?
Can't say I've ever seen him play but have also heard him being praised... not sure how quick he is, we'd really want a defender who can head a ball but also has some pace about him too (currently we seem to have a relatively short and relatively slow back line, Ribeiro excepted...)

On the up

Seen him play many times over the years. Came through the Birmingham academy. Played for England youth one season. Big strong heading centre back, who is mobile once he gets going. Bit slow turning and used to have trouble with the tricky clever faster forwards. Probably not an issue in division 2. Used to be called the "the chief".

GrecianWonder

I like the sound of Pearce.

What are peoples thoughts on another former Chipnicker, Elliot Benyon?

Grecian_Jay

I like the sound of Pearce.

What are peoples thoughts on another former Chipnicker, Elliot Benyon?
1 million % no.

ALOTBSOL

1 million % no.
For once, something me and Jay can agree on.

I was wondering about Pearce myself though, but can't remember having seen him play. I hear that they've released an experienced keeper as well if we want to be picking their bones...