• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Tranmere Rovers v Exeter City matchday thread

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Hard to see this going well with a few key players out, a real test for Matt Taylor and our squad strength. A draw would be a good result a win would be fantastic!

grecIAN Harris

Tranny away, it never ends well. I'd be really happy if we came home with a point.

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Really wasn't confident before the last two matches, but today I reckon we're going to at least get a point.

IndoMike

This will be the day Lee Martin will shine [tap]. City will pull off a surprise and win 3-0 with goals from Stockers, Moxey and L Martin. You heard it here first.

IndoMike

Interesting to see Luton, Accrington and Coventry in 5th, 6th and 7th places in Div 1. So c'mon City : this season could be the start of something big.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Team selection will be interesting, will Forte start ?

Their back line contains some big lads in Buxton, McNulty and Monthe, two of whom are pretty slow so Taylor may think Forte can exploit this.

It will be a tough game however we can certainly go and win this one.

Last edited:

geoffwp

I can tell you that when an opposition player is lining up a penalty kick or a conversion, if you start booing loudly and shouting abuse at them, you will be aggressively shushed.
I guess the rugby crowd believe the opposition has every right to score.

geoffwp

It will be a tough game however we can certainly go and win this one.
Yes. We have to think positively and play positively so lets have a formation that shows our intent. We need not fear ANY team in this league. Give them due respect but then go for them and make them respect us.

iscalad

Waring and Kirk on the commentary?

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
They're saying Pym and Holmes still out