• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Tranmere - Easter Monday

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster

ianto693

Hi... I've bought 2 tickets for the Tranmere game for myself and daughter. However when I purchased them via the website I got an email telling me to pick the tickets up from the ticket office. I was wrongly assuming I'd get a pdf etc. Problem is I live in Salisbury.

If the club (who I'll call tomorrow) won't post them would anybody be able to collect them for me and perhaps meet outside Prenton Park?

Any help appreciated.

Ian

Colesman Ballz

Hi... I've bought 2 tickets for the Tranmere game for myself and daughter. However when I purchased them via the website I got an email telling me to pick the tickets up from the ticket office. I was wrongly assuming I'd get a pdf etc. Problem is I live in Salisbury.

If the club (who I'll call tomorrow) won't post them would anybody be able to collect them for me and perhaps meet outside Prenton Park?

Any help appreciated.

Ian
The Club should be able to sort you out. Tickets are normally taken on the coach to away games for distribution before the game.

ianto693

The Club should be able to sort you out. Tickets are normally taken on the coach to away games for distribution before the game.

I spoke to the ticket office this morning and apparently I can pick them up at the Tranmere ticket office on match day by quoting my reference number

elginCity

tranmere is becoming ever so appealing however it will be a last minute decision. fingers crossed UTC
Yes, should imagine today's result would have garnered more interest, yet surprisingly the Club stopped online sales almost immediately after the Colchester game. Probably a good reason for it, I'm sure.

Still, POTG available if prepared to stump up an additional £3. There's plenty of room in their 'Cowshed'.

Boyo

Yes, should imagine today's result would have garnered more interest, yet surprisingly the Club stopped online sales almost immediately after the Colchester game. Probably a good reason for it, I'm sure.

Still, POTG available if prepared to stump up an additional £3. There's plenty of room in their 'Cowshed'.
I suspect we sold the tickets we’d been sent and hence there was nothing else to sell. Plenty of space in the away end though. I’m predicting 800-900.

Spoonz Red E

I suspect we sold the tickets we’d been sent and hence there was nothing else to sell. Plenty of space in the away end though. I’m predicting 800-900.
We did have about 70 tickets unsold and we'd liked to have sold for longer but logistics come into play.

Any away ticket order has to be physically done by somebody.
i.e. the online order has to be matched with the physical tickets and prepared for collection.
Also the sales have to be totalled up and a report sent to the away side.
Normally, for a Saturday match, the final tickets would be put together around 2pm on a Friday.

Because of the Easter weekend the deadlines fell today.
I was still selling from the ticket booth for an hour after today's game.
The totting up and preparing of reports took about another hour and these had to be given to Tranmere.

Tickets can still be bought at Tranmere.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
We did have about 70 tickets unsold and we'd liked to have sold for longer but logistics come into play.

i.e. the online order has to be matched with the physical tickets and prepared for collection.
Also the sales have to be totalled up and a report sent to the away side.
Normally, for a Saturday match, the final tickets would be put together around 2pm on a Friday.

Because of the Easter weekend the deadlines fell today.
I was still selling from the ticket booth for an hour after today's game.
The totting up and preparing of reports took about another hour and these had to be given to Tranmere.

Tickets can still be bought at Tranmere.
Spoonz - thanks for all your efforts, Grecians know you do your best.
UTC

elginCity

Spoonz, just out of interest, are e-tickets for away games (as they are for home games) anywhere soon on the horizon do you know ?

Spoonz Red E

Spoonz, just out of interest, are e-tickets for away games (as they are for home games) anywhere soon on the horizon do you know ?
Not at the moment.

It's down to the fact that we are selling the away team's tickets for them.
Because we are selling their tickets the e-ticket would probably have to be generated by them at the moment.
Most clubs use barcode scanning now so the only way around that would be to set up an agreement with each club seperately to generate barcoding that their scanners would accept.

Or the away club could class the totality of the away end sales as a pseudo 'event' and, in effect, give us licence to sell tickets to that event as if we were a ticketing service.
We would then generate all the tickets in various modes either based on their template or using a template of our own which was acceptable to them.
So I suppose it could be done but with clubs using a variety of different ticketing systems and designs it's a bit of a technical nightmare.

As it stands now there would also be the danger of double selling.
We would have to keep abreast of e-ticket sales in real time to ensure the equivalent hardcopy ticket wasn't sold as well.
i.e. we'd have to monitor seats sold by e-ticket and pull those seats from the hardcopy stock that we have been sent.
This means the away club would have to be constantly updating us on e-ticket sales in which case they may as well sell direct and cut us out as the middleman.

When selling our own tickets the mode of ticket is determined at point of sale so the hard copy isn't printed at all if an e-ticket is selected and the danger of double selling is taken care of.