• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Tottenham riots

Herschel

RIP Stanno, City Legend never to be forgotten
The bigger picture? This is the country that I and they choose to live in, as stated before probably the most democratic and multi cultural society in the world.

If you want to be wealthy you work for it. Money passes down in families but that is the way the system works. If you live in a poor family the idea is someone works hard and makes life better for their kids and this passes on generation to generation.

It will hopefully stimulate debate and in all honesty there is no easy answer to break the cycle. Human rights is a pain, should the parents be allowed to have kids? We know they would not be allowed a dog from the RSPCA but they can breed at will and get paid by the state.

It is a sad day for the country and we have to admit we have too many people within our borders. Freedom of movement, religion, free education and democracy is not enough for some. The answer for those is obvious to us all.
Top post, agree with all of it.

Juan Kossof

Agreed. We're witnessing the aftermath of a 30-year failed experiment in social engineering, funded by taxpayers' money and designed to keep a party or parties in (frequently misguided) power at the expense of all other considerations. People no longer associate their actions with the consequences thereof. Everything is someone else's fault, it's OK to learn/do/contribute nothing and expect others to subsidise your personal inadequacy. No exam, qualification or test may be failed.

Equally we have career politicians who know nothing of the real world outside their own idealogical cocoon. Who can be surprised at the levels of personal debt when Governments do it too?

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Darcus Howe - for f*ck sake man, get a grip.
Why do the Beeb keep trotting out this pillock ? Couldn't believe the drivel he was spouting on 5 Live.

ecfc_1985

Panic on the streets of London
Panic on the streets of Birmingham
I wonder to myself
Could life ever be sane again ?

The Smiths were right!

Sounds like it is going off big time in Aston. Reportedly shots fired at police and now these 2 updates on tumblr

"police have lost control in the aston/lozells area Asian youths have started to beat up the looters police outnumbered the looters don’t know where to run"

"i live in Aston and all i can hear are police sirens and i can see Asian youths are defending there area i heard its all kicking off in lozells the rioters have nowhere to go there aint egnoug police they are not doing anything the rioters are trying to run but there outnumbered"

Willy Nilly

What will Griffin think of the 'Asians' defending property whilst his lot and the EDL are doing the looting?

Mr Jinx

Agreed. We're witnessing the aftermath of a 30-year failed experiment in social engineering, funded by taxpayers' money and designed to keep a party or parties in (frequently misguided) power at the expense of all other considerations. People no longer associate their actions with the consequences thereof. Everything is someone else's fault, it's OK to learn/do/contribute nothing and expect others to subsidise your personal inadequacy. No exam, qualification or test may be failed.

Equally we have career politicians who know nothing of the real world outside their own idealogical cocoon. Who can be surprised at the levels of personal debt when Governments do it too?
Totally agree with your agree.

Predictably Diane Abbott & Harriet Harman have all but made excuses for the riots. It makes your blood boil. Watch Ed Milliband, Balls and cohorts try to score political points off this in tomorrow's parliament debate.

The fact is, regardless of race, this is effectively NuLabour's generation of kids that are to blame. Kids who know too well that not working is a career choice. This has to change.

elginCity

The Smiths were right!
As were the Sex Pistols!

Red the Paper

Banned
http://www.********.com/view?i=35b_1312926108

Chav scum who lit fire in Manchester caught on film. I guess he won't be rioting for long.

Love the work in Endield last night. Lets hope they caught some wannabe looters last night and did the right thing.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Totally agree with your agree.

Predictably Diane Abbott & Harriet Harman have all but made excuses for the riots. It makes your blood boil. Watch Ed Milliband, Balls and cohorts try to score political points off this in tomorrow's parliament debate.

The fact is, regardless of race, this is effectively NuLabour's generation of kids that are to blame. Kids who know too well that not working is a career choice. This has to change.
To be fair, Ed Millipede hasn't, from what I have seen, tried to score political points from events.

I didn't see it, but apparently Harperson last night blamed the riots partly on the increase in tuition fees. I find that quite astonishing.