• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Totally Unacceptable iFollow Coverage!!

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
I'm starting a new this in the hope that the iFollow powers that be will make sure we dont get such substandard camera-work again. Tonights coverage was abysmal, with the cameraman trying to fit half of the pitch into the frame most of the time. Far too far away most of the time! Surely I'm not alone on this?

older-codger

More annoyed by meaningless replays when there is an attack on

WXF

As above, the bigger problem was with the editing, with replays occurring several times when the ball was in play. Poor broadcast directing.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
As above, the bigger problem was with the editing, with replays occurring several times when the ball was in play. Poor broadcast directing.
That's what you get when you let Caldwell on the camera gantry learning his new job !

PeteUSA

I thought Kirky sounded decidedly subdued as well, but thats nothing to do with the awful film coverage.

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
The timing and length of the replays got in the way of the live coverage tonight.Must be a new match director.

sign of the chimes

The timing and length of the replays got in the way of the live coverage tonight.Must be a new match director.
Same with our fixture this evening - was a feature a lot in the early days of iFollow but hadn't seen it as much of late. It was that bad tonight on the Burton coverage that I wondered if they had some form of AI/automated editing going on that just wasn't very good. Missed two or three attacking phases over the 90 minutes.

Colesman Ballz

Same with our fixture this evening - was a feature a lot in the early days of iFollow but hadn't seen it as much of late. It was that bad tonight on the Burton coverage that I wondered if they had some form of AI/automated editing going on that just wasn't very good. Missed two or three attacking phases over the 90 minutes.
Probably just employing kids on work experience ? :unsure:

PeteUSA

Those ridiculous 'replays' were indeed very poorly timed. Some of them really didnt warrent being seen a second time. My gripe remains though with the awful lens that the cameraman elected to use, where the pitch seems twice as wide as it really is.. I can only assume it was a trainee who was on camera coverage tonight.

tom_ecfc

I’d love to get behind the camera at a football match…who votes me in? 🎥