• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Total Apathy

malcolms

Very well known Exeweb poster
This post is directed to Lez and the rest of the Exeweb guys....

The current malaise that is casting a shroud over everything is also killing your website....The last post, other than the youth stuff, was more than 4 hours ago, people can't even be bothered to be bothered any more.....Time for some barnstorming lads!

eurogrecian

Exeweb has lacked a little sparkle for quite some time.
When I've made this point before, some have commented that it's the messageboard format that is showing signs of age. I don't participate in enough of these types of forums to say.

Certainly the relentlessly negative tone of many contributions these days and the personal spats between contributors have put off many City supporters that I know.

Pete Martin (CTID)

If you do Facebook, always plenty of lively discussion, debate and information HERE. Limited moderation (but a very small number of people have been banned) and no pseudonyms to hide behind. ;)

Last edited:

denzel

It would be better if threads weren't hijacked and taken over by a few people to suit their agendas.
A lot of stuff on WoWs I don't read because threads are full of injokes and personal attacks.

Terryhall

It would be better if threads weren't hijacked and taken over by a few people to suit their agendas.
A lot of stuff on WoWs I don't read because threads are full of injokes and personal attacks.
It's been rolling that way for at least two years. ;)

contrabombarde

I'm not convinced that the malaise is actually due to apathy but more likely is a reflection of how the club is doing in terms of success. I know from my point of view that I feel much more inclined to post when we are doing well and that makes me feel much more happy and convivial. We seem to be in a despondent lull at the moment and just waiting for the next home defeat.
I also agree that the personal jibes don't help matters either.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Surprisingly we're doing quite well on the hits front.

But it is difficult to find new ways to same the same things!

I find the Facebook page rather stupefying, with the problem of users creating numerous threads on the same subject, with people then saying the same the same thing on each of the threads.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
I actually left the FB page as it became quite nasty in a way that even with "names" there's still very much a keyboard warrior mentality, particularly I find on FB (I'm not on Twitter so can't comment on Twitter trolls).

I thought it was a page about the Supporters Club, indeed it seemed to start out that way.

iscalad

I was going to reply to this page, but can't be bothered.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
I was going to reply to this page, but can't be bothered.
Classic graffiti from the days when people wrote stuff on walls instead of "tagging":

Apathy Ru