• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Torquay Utd versus the Exeter City Pre Season Friendly Saturday 22nd July 3.00 p.m. Kickoff

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
Matt Taylor on the 2022 game:

Matt Taylor in 2019:

It was reintroduced to give us a properly competitive match in the final week or so of pre season and was always treated as such by MT. It's not random that it comes towards the end, and if we hadn't have put Coventry in, would have been our "main" pre season game, I thought this was pretty well know through our support.

Binning it won't happen, not sure why people are getting caught up with that. It's far more useful than real ale fart fest in the sun at Taunton.

Torquay have done us a favour by exposing our many issues prior to the season start. Hopefully Taggy releases some of those incoming funds because we need them.
Great post.

So either GC didn't get the memo, or he tried to prepare the team for a collective fixture and failed. Hope it's the former. Either way, that result will have no bearing on my judgement of GC once the season gets underway.

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
Of course, there was only one division between us in 2019..
I enjoyed Taunton.
Nothing wrong with the Taunton game, it's a warm up

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
Great post.

So either GC didn't get the memo, or he tried to prepare the team for a collective fixture and failed. Hope it's the former. Either way, that result will have no bearing on my judgement of GC once the season gets underway.
(Competitive, not collective)

Boyo

I went to the Torquay game last season and also on Saturday. Last season they were physical, but kept within the rules and there was low risk to our players. This season the were several challenges the crossed the line and a couple that were frankly dangerous. It was a massive difference from last year.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
GC had no gripes with Torquay. He had gripes with the referee failing to protect the players.

arthur

Indeed. Diabate looked really uncomfortable with the ball at his feet
This is very bad news. I thought he did look much improved at Bath, but this appears not to be the case. He should have improved this aspect of his game by now and the fact that he hasn't indicates he isn't likely to.

andrew p long

They have to get through two qualifying rounds first
Three.

National League North and South teams come into the FACup at the second qualifying round. So Torquay have to win games in the second, third and fourth qualifying rounds to get to play a Football League club.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Three.

National League North and South teams come into the FACup at the second qualifying round. So Torquay have to win games in the second, third and fourth qualifying rounds to get to play a Football League club.
How much will the TV money for showing those games live be?

andrew p long

Torquay also were rightly preparing hard for their many local derbies this season.

Truro,Taunton, Weston super Mare, Bath, Weymouth

tavyred

Torquay also were rightly preparing hard for their many local derbies this season.

Truro,Taunton, Weston super Mare, Bath, Weymouth
Not only non league football, but of the regional variety too. 🤣
The shame of it! 🤣

Status
Not open for further replies.