• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Torquay United vs Exeter City friendly match day thread. Kick off 3pm

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Cap seems to fit
No doubt you will be there on Tuesday to let Matt know how you feel.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Finishing just below half way meets this criteria and if I still had one I would sell my grandmother if that guaranteed us to finish there lol.

As for the current situation it is worrying as we know the squad is paper thin and even more so that the two Sams have not yet exactly lit the games alight.

Notwithstanding today’s result and performance I still think we have a nucleus of a good squad but need to add some quality to be able to create serious competition for places and if not that then numbers to supplement the squad in the case where as will inevitably happen we lose players through injury.

I am sure MT is all too aware of this and come the proverbial hell or high water will make some signings within the next few days 🤞🙏
I hope so.
UTC

i8cornwall

What an afetr, great Laugh, assume Torquay won the champions league or something they way they reacted to the goal and at full time.

Created enough chances to win it, moved the ball around well, great crosses into the box, no injuries.... no idea why we're having all this doom and gloom?

Josh Key or Jevani Brown play that game and we're walking away with a win simple as that.

We'll play worse and win this season and play better and lose, that's what comes with being in league one now.

(If I'm being positive then you know it's not that bad)

geoffwp

Cap seems to fit
Well it's your head its on. If you really are, which I completely doubt, a city fan then try to actually support rather than making constant negative, even downright cynical **** taking,comments on the manager and the team. If you dont like MT at least have some respect for what he has achieved even if that does stick in your craw. Either that or just ffeck off as you really are pretty tiresome.

KentGrecian

Torquay fans in good voice ???

rick whitemore

What an afetr, great Laugh, assume Torquay won the champions league or something they way they reacted to the goal and at full time.

Created enough chances to win it, moved the ball around well, great crosses into the box, no injuries.... no idea why we're having all this doom and gloom?

Josh Key or Jevani Brown play that game and we're walking away with a win simple as that.

We'll play worse and win this season and play better and lose, that's what comes with being in league one now.

(If I'm being positive then you know it's not that bad)

This post sum's it up, there goalie played Gordon Banks! The flappy birds celebrated like they had just won the world cup.... bless em!

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
I know I’m right and having supported this team since 1958 both financially and emotionally I ain’t going anywhere now.
IF you have been supporting us that long (longer than I have been alive 1961), then there have been some absolutely dire times which would make our current position seem like we are a premiershite side and yet you are so negative on all your posts, what is the best team/squad you have witnessed over that time and favourite player, just to geta giste ofwhat you are comparing our current squad to!

We’ll thank God that’s over, another fiasco of a pre season where we prove we’re almost but not quite as good as a half a dozen local non league teams. Do we actually aspire to compete in league 1? At the same time our recruitment process has been shown to be completely ineffectual. How can you work so hard for an entire season to get into a higher league and then have absolutely no idea what to do when you get there? Seriously, even for the happy MT clappers on here, questions have to be asked haven’t they?
Preseason counts for nothing more than raising fitness levels

tavyred

Amazing the amount of otherwise sensible folk who think pre season friendlies are a reliable indicator of how our season might pan out.
Friendlies are sh1te, which is why I never go watch them.
Didn’t we beat Chelsea in one a few years back? 🙄

i8cornwall

This post sum's it up, there goalie played Gordon Banks! The flappy birds celebrated like they had just won the world cup.... bless em!
I don't think their keeper really did anything spectacular, ball sort of just hit him from what I could see for the point blank range header. Speaking of keepers was worried this morning but if we start with Scott Brown between the sticks next Saturday I won't be panicking.

On the upside today will make Irrelevant united believe they are on the cusp of a football league return.... sure reality will hit home around about mid November that they aren't and probably closer to another stay in Nat south then playing in the league Cup.