• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Torquay Till I Die

United09

Disgraceful attendance we took 15 thousand plus to old trafford as a conference side ..guffore hee tee ...tee hee lol
And I wonder how many of those "15 thousand" were there for Exeter.

Shame Gulls didn't turn up. It happens though, we've done it enough times. Hope Buckle does stay as he has done a lot for the club bringing them out of the conference. If he goes will it be pushed or jumped?

Jumped, Geoff.

It has been rumoured for a couple of weeks that he IS going to Bristol Rovers. Done deals have all been mentioned.

It has even been sugggested that he attended interviews in Bristol in the midst of our play-off preparartions.

My fear since the 2nd leg at Shrewsbury had been that all this speculation about Buckle going (further aggravated by speculation about Guy Branston) was not exactly the most conducive for preparing a team for such a big game.

I worried that the team may be not be so 'up for it' and that is how it seemed yesterday. Bizarrely so. Something did not seem right and Buckle's substitutions were poor as well.

I think it has been handled very badly. If he did sign a sort of 'pre-contract' with Bristol Rovers as has been widely suggested then it is appalling when his current club are in the midst of such a vital set of games.

If he has not and is not going then why the hell has he not come out and said it.

He is surely going and to be honest, I hope he is. He has not behaved in the interests of the club these last couple of weeks.

Disgraceful attendance we took 15 thousand plus to old trafford as a conference side ..guffore hee tee ...tee hee lol
I thought it was 9000 you took to Old Trafford.

The thing you have to remember is you were playing Manchester United. We were playing Stevenage. I doubt you would have taken that many more to Old Trafford for a game against Stevenage.

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
I doubt you would have taken that many more to Old Trafford
Just a couple more points (think f*cking Yeovil at home :mad: ) and we just might have had the chance to have put that to the test today :'(

(And I think, with a chance of promotion to the CHAMPIONSHIP at stake, we would have!!)

Last edited:

forevertufc

Sorry i have not popped around before however stayed up there not long back,yep gutted our team is better than that ,did not show in the one game that really counted.

Not to worry,us gulls can not have been as upset as you lot were when the team you really support got stuffed by Barca.

Last edited:

Red the Paper

Banned
Reporting in to take the deserved sledging.

We didn't turn up and got what we deserved.....F*ck All.

Do your worst Greeks ;)
You turned up in the 2nd half. The match should have been played at St Mary's or reading IMHO. Had a great day yesterday which was marred by Man Utd fans (they are all w*nkers to a man/boy) who were giving it the "League 2 rubbish" on the way to the ground before kick off. Mine and my mates response was Manchester City is the only Manchester club and loyalty means supporting your local team so f*ck off you manc c*nts. Not wanting a fight they hung their heads and scuttled off.

The loyal Torquay fans that turned up yesterday earned my respect yesterday. The Man Utd w*nkers will always be w*nkers.

I even found myself bloody cheering Torquay with 10 minutes to go. Didn't understand Billy Kee on wide right nor Stevens coming on too late into the game.

Another thing, 11000 fans made more noise and passion yesterday than the 76000 plastic fans will ever make.

I was so happy to later watch this same Premiersh*te dream team being torn apart by a real football team later that night and the scenes or despair witnessed in The Moon on The Water when the 3rd goal went in.

Red Box

witnessed in The Moon on The Water when the 3rd goal went in.

Red,

I thought you had more class than to watch the game in that sh*thole :-O

On_The_Beach

Shame Gulls didn't turn up. It happens though, we've done it enough times. Hope Buckle does stay as he has done a lot for the club bringing them out of the conference. If he goes will it be pushed or jumped?
Mixture of the two, rovers interest means we won't have to pay up his contract but we've run our course anyway. We need a manager who doesn't choke on the big occasion.

Red the Paper

Banned
Red,

I thought you had more class than to watch the game in that sh*thole :-O
You and me both. Was watching it next door in a bar called Label but we got bored with the lack of atmosphere. Moon on the Water is a sh*thole mate, I cannot deny that. Left as soon as final whistle went and went to the Northern Quarter

Red Box

You and me both. Was watching it next door in a bar called Label but we got bored with the lack of atmosphere. Moon on the Water is a sh*thole mate, I cannot deny that. Left as soon as final whistle went and went to the Northern Quarter

I love Manchester, worked and lived up there on the Beetham Tower (Hilton Hotel) for months. The Deansgate Lock bars are good as is the Northern Quarter as you suggest especially Cuba Cafe. You can also enjoy a good night in the China Town area and Canal Stret if you can leave prejudice behind.