• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Torquay Game Ticket Help!!

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
You would get more respect if you just said I as a club employee would rather have some time with my family. Whether I feel that football clubs aren't like "any ordinary business" and work at times and on days most of us would prefer not to is another matter. I guess the groundsman at Torquay would have liked more time with his family over Christmas but doesn't have much choice does he?
Forget it mate, Butch is a club employee. He's either Bruce Henderson, or someone very close. He stayed up all through every night while Olivia's dad was apparently making waves about the clubs Brazil arrangement. Now he's talking to fans on here like we're something the dog dragged in!

butch

You would get more respect if you just said I as a club employee would rather have some time with my family. Whether I feel that football clubs aren't like "any ordinary business" and work at times and on days most of us would prefer not to is another matter. I guess the groundsman at Torquay would have liked more time with his family over Christmas but doesn't have much choice does he?
Who is lookin for respect on Exeweb? certainly not me. I got far more respect in this City and afar than you could only dream of! p*ssing myself laughing at the comments of sad small minded people. (rofl)(rofl)(rofl)

davecg

Just go in the home end, plenty of room Im sure..

Grecian1966

Who is lookin for respect on Exeweb? certainly not me. I got far more respect in this City and afar than you could only dream of! p*ssing myself laughing at the comments of sad small minded people. (rofl)(rofl)(rofl)
Nice touch for a club employee - under pressure are we for not hitting targets :D

Shabba

Well-known Exeweb poster
With all due respect, the football season runs over the Christmas period. The only time I would expect the club to be shut is christmas day, boxing day (if no game) and the same new years day.

To say people had enough time, smacks of ignorance. Alot of people didn't get paid til friday, if their exiles, it would be pushing it to get them out by post before Christmas. Or some peoples plans change.

There is no excuse, whatsoever, for the club reception to be shut today and tomorrow.

exeips

I drove into Exeter on Monday to get our tickets, seemed like a big pile of tickets still to be sold. I too find it strange that ticket sales to a local derby match are stopped 6 days before the actual game because no one at the club could open up for a few hours on Friday and especially Saturday morning the day before the match.

Also I see Torquay still have the option to buy their tickets online to be picked up on the day. Why couldn't that option be open to Exeter fans so you could pick them up from the away turnstiles?

Typically I see "fan of the year", you're not are you Butch? Giving it all high and mighty again that fans had plenty of time to get their tickets and while that is true some people leave things to the last minute.

I spoke to some friends on Christmas eve who I'd class as casual supporters because they play on Saturdays asking about City. First off they didn't even realise we were playing Torquay on the Sunday but then asked how much the tickets were because they might go down. I told them tickets were already off sale which they couldn't understand why.

Lots of people around town spending Christmas money, could we have not sold some tickets from the club shop or is that closed as well today?

Last edited:

exeips

A little help needed, I've purchased two tickets from Ticket Zone after the club closed ticket sales, the order went through, but how do I get my tickets? If there isn't any one at the club how do they no about my order? And TZ should of known the sales where closed.
It does say on the website..
As previously advised, sales to travel away to Torquay United on 29th December have now ceased and will not be available to buy on the day for Exeter City supporters, as it is an all-ticket game. Tickets that have been ordered buy are uncollected can be collected on matchday at Plainmoor.
Read more at http://www.exetercityfc.co.uk/news/article/christmas-opening-hours-1254594.aspx#2wVWQS4rQ6WV6oXp.99
So hopefully if they don't turn up in the post you should still be able to get them at Torquay.

TA1grecian

My problem is that I purchased my tickets after ticket sales had closed and TZ have not been able to make contact with Exeter, so do I turn up at tourquay with a risk of not having a ticket there for me?

Shabba

Well-known Exeweb poster
My problem is that I purchased my tickets after ticket sales had closed and TZ have not been able to make contact with Exeter, so do I turn up at tourquay with a risk of not having a ticket there for me?
Ring torquay and ask them.

Bittners a Legend

Some fans want everything on a plate.
If butch is a club employee then this comment goes a long way to illustrate many of the problems we have behind the scenes...aside from the basics of people simply not being very good at their job. The ignorance and stupidity of this attitude is astonishing.