• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Tony Kellow RIP

shabbashaz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Before my time as a City fan, but met him on a couple of occasions. Lovely chap. Very sad news. Rest in Peace

Poultice

Very well known Exeweb poster
back then when we were playing football as kids, when you had a good chance you'd just say 'kellow!' like a commentator shouting it because it meant you were going to score.
That's it, I am giving up posting, I could never hit the nail so squarely on the head as that, I can hear that shout ringing in me head, "Kellow ! One nil", or more likely, 16-15.

plymuffer

RIP Tony Kellow :( A great character,and known by every football supporter old enough to remember him in the south west.Very sad news indeed

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
RIP

Tony Kellow played before my time as a City fan so never had the priviledge of seeing the great man in action. I doubt there will be any other player in our history who will be held in such high regard.

Thoughts with his family. Such a sad loss.

Grecian_In_Exile

Definition of stupid, knowing the truth, seeing th
Re: tony kellow

My abiding memory of Tony will be the promotion season of 19976/77. The lethal strike force with Alan Beer produced 40 goals. Tony contributing 19 of those league goals. Glorious to watch. From the simple to the sublime and everything in between.

Thanks for those memories. RIP Tony. Condolences to family and friends.
I mirror those thoughts at hearing this very sad news, Tony you were and are an absolute ECFC legend - RIP my friend :'(

Exeter City's greatest player of the last 40 years. RIP

Shortround

Never had the pleasure of watching him play, a true city legend! RIP Tony Kellow

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
rip tony, shocking news.

saw him play a few times in my youth but not really old enough to appreciate how good he was.

for all the progresson the pitch, this season sadly tainted by what has happened today and in august, not to mention several good city fans passing as well.

lets hope weather is kind and saturdays game and rest of season can serve as a fitting tribute to mr kellow.

GRECIAN72

On a hill,with a view of SJP from my window
Tony got me to work on the door in the centre spot when he was the landlord there,i was 16 LOL...i used to get payed a pint of cider every hour with a free pool table to play..Tony served me my first ever pint and gave me my first ever hangover...but most importantly scored the first ever city goal that i had the pleasure to witness.
I am truely lost for words...for our great City has lost another LEGEND...rest in peace Tony Kellow and thankyou for all the memories and goals you scored for our great football club you were undoubtably one of Exeter City's finest..Rest in peace my friend X

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
Completely shocking news. Unexpected. After the highs of Saturday comes this low of a Monday. As Clement Freud once said: Every silver lining has a cloud.
A true City Hero. RIP Tony and my thoughts and best wishes to your family ...