• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Tony Kellow RIP

Red Dingbat

Too young to have been lucky enough to see him play, but you only have to see the legacy that he's left to see he was one of the greats.

R.I.P Tony

ecfc2000

Very sad news indeed.

RIP Tony.

Oliver

What very sad news this is for Tony to be taken so young. Having watched him play from his transfer from Falmouth, he has given me hours of pleasure watching his deft striking skills on the pitch.
RIP Tony and my thoughts are with your family at this time.

rick whitemore

Was lucky enough to have seen him play in his third spell and meet him when I was on the trust board. My thoughts are now with his family.

NDMBigBanker

my thoughts are with the family at this tough time. R.I.P Tony

Benguin

Very sorry for all his family and extended city family. I will always remember him from his time at the club. Great days.

Poultice

Very well known Exeweb poster
WTF ?

"Unconcious and bleeding" ?

I just hope there is nothing sinister to be inferred from that.

Kells was a giant who could pull you from the depths to the heights with one moment of sublime genius, anyone who had the great good fortune to witness him in his pomp was privileged and that is not an oversell.

All deaths are a tragedy, sudden unexpected deaths even more so, this sad news will be felt by thousands in what is a family, my thoughts are with Kells' family today.

RIP Kells, you strode the stage with a swagger that none of us who were privileged to see you will ever forget

Tony Kellow (1952-2011)

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
RIP Kells, you strode the stage with a swagger that none of us who were privileged to see you will ever forget
Could not have been better put, Poults.

Tony Kellow - a great player, and a great bloke too

Such terrible news.

Last edited:

Cowshed Ghost

I am very saddened to hear of Kells death, he was really one of City's great legends. I was lucky to see him score 66 of his City goals
RIP

claude duvall

he always played with a smile, never seemed too bothered about anything, yet when the ball came to him he turned into this blinkered mad goal machine. it would be a quick fierce shot, never any messing about, always powerful in the air, so strong and single-minded. he just wanted to score. i can't remember him ever laying it off to someone else, he just wanted to score in a way that only sean devine has come even close since.
back then when we were playing football as kids, when you had a good chance you'd just say 'kellow!' like a commentator shouting it because it meant you were going to score. and on top of all that, there was something so likeable about the bloke. he was a real westcountry, bloke with his beer, sideburns and big grin. absolutely top bloke who has been like a symbol of exeter city for me in my mind for most of my life.