• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Tony Kellow RIP

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
I find it difficult to comment on someone who i never saw play

RIP.
Same Video.....

The way he smashed that penalty into the roof of the net for the 3rd! Mark Wallington had no clue about that one! Could Tony hit a penalty or wot? ....

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Look at his first touch for the first goal mate..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dQ2zoNhWjQ
Not bad that.

Im sure for all older fans who saw him play is a very sad day , i find it difficult to feel the same as i did with Stans , different era and the like.

and i mean that with no disrespect in the slightest.

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
No disrespect Credy, quite understandable. I'm also one of the lucky old 'uns to have had both Tony and Adam in my life ...

PeteUSA

Not bad that.

Im sure for all older fans who saw him play is a very sad day , i find it difficult to feel the same as i did with Stans , different era and the like.

and i mean that with no disrespect in the slightest.
CREDY, I'm sure its probably me, but dont you think you might have just left your first post at RIP, and left it at that?

LammieLammieLammie

Same Video.....

The way he smashed that penalty into the roof of the net for the 3rd! Mark Wallington had no clue about that one! Could Tony hit a penalty or wot? ....
He said that that Pen was one of his favourite ever goals... good connection and all that. I'm trying to find highlights of the first leg at Filbert street becasue the turn and pass to Pullar are something else.

iscalad

He said that that Pen was one of his favourite ever goals... good connection and all that. I'm trying to find highlights of the first leg at Filbert street becasue the turn and pass to Pullar are something else.
Would love it iif you find that. Have my doubts though.

Just read all of the tributes, and had to wipe a tear off of my cheek, such a sad loss.

I found this on the net and it shows the side of Kells away from the football pitch that many would have known, it shows a warm and friendly Tony Kellow a very special chap. RIP Tony

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35-53O5ZheU

haka

Very sad news, and far too young.

In 1981 he was named in the old Rothman's Yearbook, one of only six players or teams in the country to receive the award every year. I don't have the book to hand, I can't recall the others, but he was probably in good company - Liverpool usually won it back then! So that is a measure of his achievement, getting national recognition.

For those who never got to see him, one way to imagine his impact is that when Kellow was playing, and City got a penalty, you never bothered biting your nails. The players didn't stand nervously on the edge of the area waiting for a rebound, they just had a breather or sauntered back to the halfway line. Because ... it was Kellow, so it was already a goal. He was as sure a bet as anything in football can be.

I saw him score at Home Park too. Against us! Don't think he celebrated though.

Thanks for all the great memories, Tony.

Red Lion

Best City player I've seen.

RIP

PeteUSA

Thats such a brilliant video Albert. I'm so glad we eventually found him again, albeit for such a heartbreakingly short time.