• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Tonights game is off

trev61

With respect though, if you had got through to speak to somebody, they would have almost certainly said that the game would still be going ahead. Our head groundsman came into the office at mid day and was convinced the game would go ahead.
arfur brain
i never said your problem was with our fans...i said `football club` the groundsman did prepare the pitch to play on and was convinced it was playable.
read the quote.61 is my year of birth thank you...I.Q tested 140...

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
That was my mother!
He was a top bloke.

*sits confused, waiting for a swan pun*

Arfur Towcrate

arfur brain
i never said your problem was with our fans...i said `football club` the groundsman did prepare the pitch to play on and was convinced it was playable.
read the quote.61 is my year of birth thank you...I.Q tested 140...
I'm always suspicious of people who claim to have very high IQs but can't read what is posted and have only a limited grasp of basic grammar and punctuation.

You can post what you like now though, mate. I make it a rule never to argue with idiots.

trev61

I'm always suspicious of people who claim to have very high IQs but can't read what is posted and have only a limited grasp of basic grammar and punctuation.

You can post what you like now though, mate. I make it a rule never to argue with idiots.
your on the wrong boards a*seh*le

Arfur Towcrate

your on the wrong boards a*seh*le
LOL Massive IQ shining through again there! :)

fred binneys head

Easy guys, gals, hybrids. Let's not fall out over a "sonny" here or an "idiot" there.

Arfur - the postponement was entirely due to the referee so if you're going to come on here giving it all that (does impression of lobster) then you're gonna get something back.

Trev - let it go, it's not worth it (said as if we are in a pub car park and some bloke has just looked at your lass).

Arfur Towcrate

Easy guys, gals, hybrids. Let's not fall out over a "sonny" here or an "idiot" there.

Arfur - the postponement was entirely due to the referee so if you're going to come on here giving it all that (does impression of lobster) then you're gonna get something back.
My apologies.

I came on here to try and explain what it felt like to have travelled 400 miles in the freezing cold and seen nowt but the Debenhams sale! I wasn't aware I was "giving it all that" - just telling you of my experiences with your club and to be fair, some of you lot have agreed that they need to up their game when it comes to a few basics like answering the phone.

I certainly had no intention of falling out with anyone. It's just that so far, I have spent in excess of a hundred quid on this match and so far, the only balls I've seen kicked were mine by Trevor ....... except I haven't got any so he missed! :)

Grecian_In_Exile

Definition of stupid, knowing the truth, seeing th
I make it a rule never to argue with idiots.
Me too; because they are doing the same. I think the statement is; 'never argue with a fool; for they are doing the same' ;)

fred binneys head

My apologies.

I came on here to try and explain what it felt like to have travelled 400 miles in the freezing cold and seen nowt but the Debenhams sale! I wasn't aware I was "giving it all that" - just telling you of my experiences with your club and to be fair, some of you lot have agreed that they need to up their game when it comes to a few basics like answering the phone.

I certainly had no intention of falling out with anyone. It's just that so far, I have spent in excess of a hundred quid on this match and so far, the only balls I've seen kicked were mine by Trevor ....... except I haven't got any so he missed! :)
Understandable mate, and fair play to you for making the journey. Many of us have been in the same position - we once had a game at Darlo called off twice in the same season with our fans already having travelled there!

By the sounds of it, Trev should be playing up front for Vale ;)

Arfur Towcrate

Understandable mate, and fair play to you for making the journey. Many of us have been in the same position - we once had a game at Darlo called off twice in the same season with our fans already having travelled there!

By the sounds of it, Trev should be playing up front for Vale ;)
We certainly have a vacancy!

In the 92-93 season I came down to St James's twice in a fortnight for midweek games - Autoglass and League - but at least that was in the warmer weather and they were both played!

By the way ... I really am female and I really am old!