• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Tonights game is off

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
i actually think that enquiring as to the price of under soil heating maybe worth the avenue as would be able to claim that we are doing it to save the planet to save people travelling into the city(Its b*ll*cks what ive just said but b*ll*cks we are suppose to believe and may convince the council to help us fund any project).

ecfcbongo

we should hire a pitch on a greek island and play all our winter fixtures there !!!

Ellisthegreek

Well-known Exeweb poster
Just heard that the game is off......

glos_grecian

we should hire a pitch on a greek island and play all our winter fixtures there !!!
Now come on thats just silly. I think we all know that the answer would be a retractable roof, but to save costs we'll make sure it wont cover the away end.

Red and White Zider

Well-known Exeweb poster
What about the egg-chasers or the Cricket Club in the city. Haven't they got something we can hire for these rare occasions ??

Err Lewis Cricket is a Summer Sport! You'd be hard pushed to find any Cricket being played in this country at this time of year ;)

Back to the subject in hand, perhaps the game could be rearranged for next Tuesday night?

Last edited:

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
im gutted as tuesdays i play darts and this week we are playing on another night and was really looking forward to the city game. O well. see what happens

malcolms

Very well known Exeweb poster
Good to know the inspection was carried out in time to prevent Macc and their supporters travelling. At least one lesson was learned from the weekend

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Bit more cut 'n' dried I think this time. Not only more likely to be off (colder than Saturday), but also I would hazard a guess that Port Vale's team stayed overnight and thus wouldn't be faced with a long, wasted journey.

Given that until 1pm even the Ref had no real qualms about Saturday's match, an earlier call either way may have been foolhardy.

mustangspeed2006

There was no chance that the game would be played tonight considering the recent low temperatures.
I, for one, am glad that it's postponed as I really don't feel like sitting in sub-zero conditions tonight.

Also well done to the club for the early notification.

Last edited:

Arfur Towcrate

Bit more cut 'n' dried I think this time. Not only more likely to be off (colder than Saturday), but also I would hazard a guess that Port Vale's team stayed overnight and thus wouldn't be faced with a long, wasted journey.
The Vale fans, however, were faced with a long and wasted journey. This was made worse by the fact that a member of staff at Exeter told me on the phone on Friday that the game was certain to go ahead, even when I pointed out the predicted very low overnight temperatures. It also reflected very poorly on your club that no one was available to answer the phone on Saturday morning when, having already travelled down on the Friday and seen the state of things on Saturday morning, I attempted to find out if an early inspection was planned.

I'm not having a go at your fans - I bet some of you lot made fruitless journeys from outside the area on Saturday as well. I'm just annoyed that having seen the forecast and been concerned about the game more than 24 hours in advance, no one at the club seemed alive to the problem.