• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Tiverton Grecians

davidjenkin

Well-known Exeweb poster
Backing our manager like I always have. Geddon Tis
A bit of a long shot really. I have just acquired a new client who lives in Tiverton, Ashley area. He is 92 and a really nice chap. He used to be a season ticket holder for many years but is now without any transport and has not been to City in some years.

I'm asking if any grecians from the Tiverton area (or anyone not, but willing to make a small diversion) could occasionally drop him to and from the odd home game? He sits in the old grandstand and I guess ideally he would best suited to someone who drives down, parks up and makes their way more or less straight into the ground (time-wise I mean). I am perfectly happy to get him to and from games wherever I can, but have a ST for the bank and tend to get down a bit too early I should think.

If anyone can offer any help it would be much appreciated

exeips

I'm not sure if it still runs but I remember a few years ago there use to be a mini bus that came in from Tivvy for every home game.

I think it may have been run by one of the pubs?

Boyo

I'm not sure if it still runs but I remember a few years ago there use to be a mini bus that came in from Tivvy for every home game.

I think it may have been run by one of the pubs?
Good post Dave. I hope someone comes forward.

On a similar theme, I've thought for a while that creating supporters groups is something the Trust should be leading on. Tiverton Grecians would be a great example. The Trust should be setting up opportunities for City fans to get together in various towns/areas.

The EDG and NDG have proved hugely popular, have got lots of fans to games and injected significant funds into the club. In addition to Tiverton, we should have Exmouth, Crediton, Honiton, Cully, Taunton, Teignmouth, Torbay and even Pl*mouth etc etc.

davidjenkin

Well-known Exeweb poster
Backing our manager like I always have. Geddon Tis
Thanks both - I may write to the club and see if they know much about anything running