• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Tisdales Post Match Interviews

muppetdodger

I'm a big Tisdale fan, always have been. Don't get me wrong he's not perfect but he is good for us and our budget. Anyway, is it just me or have his post match interviews gone from being very good and concise in the early days to a load of sound bites and drivel now. Yesterday he was hesitant, some times a bit incoherent and did I really hear him say 'the opposition are perfectly within their rights to try and score and to try and beat us'!! I thought that was the whole point!

Shame really, add his ramblings to his ludicrous hat and he starts to come over as a bit silly!

flakey pasty

I'm a big fan as well MD. The hat is embarrassing. There is is a fine line between looking good and overt vanity and I think the guy has crossed the line. As for the interviews, well, we must have heard 400/500 post match interviews from him over the years and so, to be fair to him, it must be difficult for him to keep them fresh. But yes, we have heard the "they are entitled to score" etc, and "we were pragmatic" lines many, many times before.

flakey pasty

Just listened to the interview now on the E&E website and can't see anything wrong with it. So much more balanced than your average footy manager interview. Jose Mourinho's, for example, may be more entertaining but it's still full of crap.

paperclip

I'm a big fan as well MD. The hat is embarrassing. There is is a fine line between looking good and overt vanity and I think the guy has crossed the line. As for the interviews, well, we must have heard 400/500 post match interviews from him over the years and so, to be fair to him, it must be difficult for him to keep them fresh. But yes, we have heard the "they are entitled to score" etc, and "we were pragmatic" lines many, many times before.
Why does he need to keep them fresh? Its not necessary for him to entertain fans during his post match comments, I would rather the entertainment comes on the field of play personally.

flakey pasty

Why does he need to keep them fresh? Its not necessary for him to entertain fans during his post match comments, I would rather the entertainment comes on the field of play personally.
Of course, so would I. However football is an entertainment industry and people do complain that his interviews are boring and too measured. It's much better if his interviews are fresh and interesting rather boring and repetitive.

richard_portland

Very well known Exeweb poster
Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
When I listen to a managers interview I expect it to be as honest as possible. I also generally expect it to have a similar tone to how I feel about the game I have just seen, or if it doesn't to be persuasive as to why the managers view is different.

flakey pasty

When I listen to a managers interview I expect it to be as honest as possible. I also generally expect it to have a similar tone to how I feel about the game I have just seen, or if it doesn't to be persuasive as to why the managers view is different.
Yes, I agree.

Boyo

Fergie was the master of smoke and mirrors. He'd say anything to protect his players, protect the team. Mourinho tries to do the same by making himself the centre of attention. This is sports psychology 101.

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
Just listened to the interview now on the E&E website ...
I don't suppose I could trouble you for a link? I've had a look on the site but couldn't see the audio. (There was, however, a good little written interview about the hat - it's still a yay from me.)

Last edited:

Pete Martin (CTID)

Very well known Exeweb poster
I don't suppose I could trouble you for a link? I've had a look on the site but couldn't see the audio. (There was, however, a good little written interview about the hat - it's still a yay from me.)
Interview here Rae, for your delight and delectation......