• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Tisdale's comment: Do u get it?

Phil Sayers

Very well known Exeweb poster
I just hope nobody is planning on calling in an airstrike on SJP. Or chopping up some poor farmers cow.

Poultice

Hey, man, you don't talk to Tisdale. You listen to him.
Players don't want to play for Cheesy, they need to.

His comments to the media are exactly as Missy described them and he talks to the general fan with disdain while his coterie kiss his butt.

All this introspective cack is simply obfuscation to cover up the glaring holes in his squad, Cheesy makes Cantona sound concise.

That is all.

IndoMike

Hey, man, you don't talk to Tisdale. You listen to him. The man's enlarged my mind. He's a poet-warrior in the classic sense. I mean, sometimes he'll, uh, well, you'll say "Hello" to him, right? And he'll just walk right by you, and he won't even notice you. And suddenly he'll grab you, and he'll throw you in a corner, and he'll say "Do you know that 'if' is the middle word in life? 'If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs and blaming it on you, if you can trust yourself when all men doubt you'..." – I mean, I'm no, I can't – I'm a little man, I'm a little man, he's, he's a great man. I should have been a pair of ragged claws scuttling across floors of silent seas – I mean –...
I'm impressed you can remember the quote in such a detailed way. Right on..

Willy Nilly

Tisdale tends to stutter and stumbe his way through interviews with management speak and nothingness.

He could do a lot worse than saying 'We need to get stuck in more!' every now and again.

greenawayr

It makes a change from the normal football cliches.

Although I'm sure Paul Hart will feel "we was robbed".

"Well Brian, I kicked it, and there it was in the back of the net"

Red the Paper

Banned
Tisdale's use of the English language is not good. Not very intellectual nor clear in meaning, certainly nowhere near Shakesperian.

IndoMike

Players don't want to play for Cheesy, they need to.

His comments to the media are exactly as Missy described them and he talks to the general fan with disdain while his coterie kiss his butt.

All this introspective cack is simply obfuscation to cover up the glaring holes in his squad, Cheesy makes Cantona sound concise.

That is all.
It's certainly amusing how some take such umbrage at the slightest criticism of any of Tis' comments or tactics. At the moment I wouldn't be happy if he left City and I think he is better than most, but I wouldn't put him in the Messiah or genius category. To say that we had few chances on goal against the next to bottom team and that he was happy with that seems odd to me. With the season running down and nothing much to lose, and with the crowds getting smaller, you'd think he'd try to make the Swindon game more entertaining. Many posters were underwhelmed with the match and said it was boring.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
It's certainly amusing how some take such umbrage at the slightest criticism of any of Tis' comments or tactics. At the moment I wouldn't be happy if he left City and I think he is better than most, but I wouldn't put him in the Messiah or genius category. To say that we had few chances on goal against the next to bottom team and that he was happy with that seems odd to me. With the season running down and nothing much to lose, and with the crowds getting smaller, you'd think he'd try to make the Swindon game more entertaining. Many posters were underwhelmed with the match and said it was boring.
I think the issue is that if you talk to supporters of other clubs, pretty much to a man (or woman) they're flabbergasted that anyone at City even dares criticise Tis, let alone have some morons at Peterborough yelling "TISDALE OUT!". A lot of them are very jealous that we have him and they don't.

Swindon was about a City side shell-schocked from the Ref's 5-1 win on Saturday and bereft of both regular full-backs/wing-backs, nullifying the threat of a side battling for its life (and very unlucky to lose to runaway leaders Brighton at the weekend), as well as looking to restore a bit of defensive pride and countering some poor recent home form. We did this all very comfortably, and forced a number of corners from which we sounded dangerous, leading in the end to the winner.

Not pretty by all accounts, but 3 points which have all but guaranteed our safety. Once that is assured by all means let's go out with a 2-3-5 formation and look to pistol-whip the oppo.

AndyB

I think the issue is that if you talk to supporters of other clubs, pretty much to a man (or woman) they're flabbergasted that anyone at City even dares criticise Tis, let alone have some morons at Peterborough yelling "TISDALE OUT!". A lot of them are very jealous that we have him and they don't.

Swindon was about a City side shell-schocked from the Ref's 5-1 win on Saturday and bereft of both regular full-backs/wing-backs, nullifying the threat of a side battling for its life (and very unlucky to lose to runaway leaders Brighton at the weekend), as well as looking to restore a bit of defensive pride and countering some poor recent home form. We did this all very comfortably, and forced a number of corners from which we sounded dangerous, leading in the end to the winner.

Not pretty by all accounts, but 3 points which have all but guaranteed our safety. Once that is assured by all means let's go out with a 2-3-5 formation and look to pistol-whip the oppo.
What he said.

Henry

Starting eleven on Tuesday, No width(both suspended), too many central midfielders( no width), square pegs in round holes(Duffy). Squad stretched at moment and would have taken one-nil at any point during the game.