• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Tisdale

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Torquay's real problems began when they got rid of their youth academy, development of youth has been our saviour not Paul Tisdale although he did help in bringing those youngsters through. What our secret has been is our model, and ethos, those will be retained under Matt Taylors stewardship and beyond.

Ultimately it was Tisdale's inflexibility in changing teams and tactics and his arrogant stubborness that led to him leaving. We've had the best eleven years in my supporting history of Exeter and I thank him and hope he goes on to do well. I certainly wish him no ill but am not scared of change in fact we should see it as the next stage in our progression from struggling non league club to sustainability and success.

The king is dead, long live the king!

Torquay's real problems began when they got rid of their youth academy, development of youth has been our saviour not Paul Tisdale although he did help in bringing those youngsters through. What our secret has been is our model, and ethos, those will be retained under Matt Taylors stewardship and beyond.

Ultimately it was Tisdale's inflexibility in changing teams and tactics and his arrogant stubborness that led to him leaving. We've had the best eleven years in my supporting history of Exeter and I thank him and hope he goes on to do well. I certainly wish him no ill but am not scared of change in fact we should see it as the next stage in our progression from struggling non league club to sustainability and success.

The king is dead, long live the king!
Torquay’s problems started long before they got rid of the youth academy.

They started the minute Martin Ling went sick. Poor managerial choices of Knill/Hargreaves saw us relegated and once we lost the funding we received as a football league club, it was decided to shelve the youth system. The advantage you have is you have stable ownership. We didn’t really. A group of supporters sold to a subsequent group but neither had the nous or finance to get the club through and it became vulnerable to sharks to which it has succumbed.

Thank goodness for Exeter that they are fan-owned with the system of governance that will safeguard them, even if you end up struggling and potentially relegated.

If you think that unlikely then look at what happened to two recently relegated teams who made it to the play-offs two years running: Torquay and Cheltenham. Both subsequently relegated.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Granville - Everyone City fan knows we're going up as Champions now The Cheese has left.

Grecian Max

You’ve ****ed up, right good and proper here.

What sort of Exeter City fan thinks that two promotions, four play-off finals (two in the last two years), highest ever league position and millions made in the transfer market isn’t good enough?

In the days of Ivor Doble and Steve Flack, that is a decade and a bit that you could only dream of.

Had Tisdale left in 2016 and a new manager come in and then got you to two play-off finals, you’d be thinking the new man was amazing.

I’m sure that next season when you are languishing in mid-table or lower, the anti-Tisdale will be trying to paint it as better or even blame Tisdale for it but Exeter fans just didn’t know how good they had it. I think in a few years time fans of Exeter will regret this day.

Can I recommend Gary Owers?
Always good to hear from Torquay fans

It really was downhill after Tisdale got forced out

How's life treating you @Granville Gull

iscalad

Always good to hear from Torquay fans

It really was downhill after Tisdale got forced out

How's life treating you @Granville Gull
Grief. Dredging up threads from 6 years ago. Someone has too much time on their hands.:sneaky:

Grecian Max

Grief. Dredging up threads from 6 years ago. Someone has too much time on their hands.:sneaky:
Search > Tisdale (for something else)

Spot this classic

End scene

1 min elapsed, probably shorter than it took you to figure out your keyboard to send that one x

iscalad

Search > Tisdale (for something else)

Spot this classic

End scene

1 min elapsed, probably shorter than it took you to figure out your keyboard to send that one x
Tis true, I'm a slow typist.