• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Tisdale to Swindon?

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
He has no more understanding of managing a team than any other manager - his ex player status is irrelevent.
You still haven't read the comparison have you. Nobody has said anything about managers, the conversation was about chairmen taking over and trying to run the side.

Last edited:

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
I just don't get it! The bloke has done nothing of note for years and yet he still his fawning disciples. The mind boggles!

When Swindon town FC appoint a manager they've gotta perform a.s.p or they're out of the door pretty pronto - as Mark Cooper has since found out.

Will Tisdale quite his safe berth at City? whaddya think?

LOG

(facepalm)(facepalm)(facepalm). You'll be questioning next whether an ex-car mechanic would have a real understanding of a motor engine.
I know someone who was a fully trained, old school mechanic. After a few years out of the business he couldn't get a mechanics job for love nor money because it had moved from being able to use his skill and experience to identify the problem and fix it with a set of spanners to being able to plug the car into a computer.

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
My statement was more to reflect that in the 9 years under him, this is our strongest year in terms of relative financial power.
I noted the word relative but don't agree with you surprisingly ;)

When we were in league one getting average gates of 5800 and 5300 I expect we would have had a bigger budget. Sure in league one I guess the majority of that league would have had a bigger budget still but we have dropped a long way by the time the grimes money rolled in. I think we were in a decent place first season back in league two and the ins/outs in the next two summers showed how much our income had dropped imo.

VOR

I dont think it will happen but Tis leaving and going to Swindon would be ideal for me.

I think he has done a massive amount for the club over his time here and dont want to see him sacked as think he deserves more respect than that and also I dont want to see so much money leave the club.

However I think for the good of the club it is the right time for him to leave. As a season ticket holder for the past 10 years, I dont look forward to going at the moment and have no optimism that we will be anything other than mid-table. I am fed up with all the veterans in the side, the style of football and even our much vaunted respect for the officials which costs us 10 points every season. I simply think a new manager would bring new ideas and impetus to the club which has become complacent and lost its ambition.

Iceman

I dont think it will happen but Tis leaving and going to Swindon would be ideal for me.

I think he has done a massive amount for the club over his time here and dont want to see him sacked as think he deserves more respect than that and also I dont want to see so much money leave the club.

However I think for the good of the club it is the right time for him to leave. As a season ticket holder for the past 10 years, I dont look forward to going at the moment and have no optimism that we will be anything other than mid-table. I am fed up with all the veterans in the side, the style of football and even our much vaunted respect for the officials which costs us 10 points every season. I simply think a new manager would bring new ideas and impetus to the club which has become complacent and lost its ambition.

I think Tisdale has done a fine job, with a limited budget etc.....Now maybe the time for fresh input into the club but it comes
with danger and City dropping further.
Mid Table security or take a change.........tough call.

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think Tisdale has done a fine job, with a limited budget etc.....Now maybe the time for fresh input into the club but it comes
with danger and City dropping further.
Mid Table security or take a change.........tough call.
Perhaps I was shade over emotive in an earlier post, however, as a rule of thumb, many a manager within div2 has to rub along with the hoary old 'limited budget' millstone, and yet they manage to progress.
While Tis has nurtured some good youngsters he seems to rely, in my opinion, more readily on the older player and that may count against him when would-be employers weigh up their options.

malcolms

Perhaps I was shade over emotive in an earlier post, however, as a rule of thumb, many a manager within div2 has to rub along with the hoary old 'limited budget' millstone, and yet they manage to progress.
While Tis has nurtured some good youngsters he seems to rely, in my opinion, more readily on the older player and that may count against him when would-be employers weigh up their options.
But has he really "nurtured" some good youngsters?...There is no doubt he has "gestured" towards doing so. but in the main they haven't been given the chance or when they have, except for the odd one or two, they haven't really shone....

hatch4england

I think we might have been almost the same position for the season or 2 after the MU games...would take some working out which I can't be bothered to do.

The point is that there's been nothing of note achieved in enough years to warrant a change but we're stuck with him until he decides to give up or dies, or we go bust.

Pete Martin (CTID)

I think you might find that much of the "nurturing" has been down to Simon Hayward and the Academy staff rather than Tis.