• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Tisdale out !!

FAN-TATIC

tisdale will be at bristol city very soon.
Personally, I don't think Tisdale will go anywhere until:

(a) He has turned our season around.

(b) That despite his efforts there is no possibility that we can avoid relegation.

In his eyes he will see the last 5 years of success as down to his
management of all of the playing side of the club. He won't be distracted by anything or anyone. He has absolute belief in his ability and confidence in the players, coaches and other staff that he has around him.

I do not believe that he will run away from the challenges that he has to face. He will face them head on and if he fails it won't be for the lack of trying.

I wish him well. Toenailer? Maybe and if so proud to be!

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
Dream on Pete fella dream on....

City could lose everygame untill Xmas , when are you gonna realise City as a club wont sack him no chance.
CREDY, I believe you're having me on!

The times I've said what you've said above in respect of the club sacking him. I'm fully aware he wont get the sack, if for no other reason than we dont have the kind of money needed to settle him up!

What I do keep saying, is that if we dont sort ourselves out and remain near the bottom of the league, it'll be the unrest from the disgruntled dwindling crowds that I dont believe he'll put up with for very long. We've already had a couple of examples of him eluding to crowd negativity, so I think he's a bit on the sensitive side. Very few people that go to games are exewebbers, so they wont know that they aren't supposed to boo and jeer because of what Tisdale has done for us in the past.

FAN-TATIC

That's not very heroic, Fanny
I don't expect him to go anywhere Mike. If he was going to go he would surely have gone during close season 2011.

After all we have been told that he knew the squad would be weaker due to the departure of Taylor, Harley and Cureton. In addition he also knew that his playing budget would be much reduced for this season. Two successive promotions, one successful relegation fight and a top 8 finish in League 1, what better time to go?

I included the possibility of an unsuccessful fight against relegation because he may, just may think he can't realise his dream on the finances that he has
available to him.

He is already a hero Mike in most supporters eyes. How much more of an hero would one want be?

Last edited:

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
I don't expect him to go anywhere Mike. If he was going to go he would surely have gone during close season 2011.

After all we have been told that he knew the squad would be weaker due to the departure of Taylor, Harley and Cureton. In addition he also knew that his playing budget would be much reduced for this season. Two successive promotions, one successful relegation fight and a top 8 finish in League 1, what better time to go?

I included the possibility of an unsuccessful fight against relegation because he may, just may think he can't realise his dream on the finances that he has
available to him.

He is already a hero Mike in most supporters eyes. How much more of an hero would one want be?
I wasn't giving an opinion on whether Tisdale is a hero or not (and I use the word "hero" very loosely), I was just commenting on your post about when he might leave. I am in the "let's wait until the end of season" camp : I think Tis has made some mistakes but I don't know if they are fatal yet. If we end up mid-league I think that would be a success, cos we were never going to repeat last season's position. And if he has a better offer at the end of the season, I wouldn't blame him for taking it. I do think some Exewebbers are being unnecessarily cynical about Tisdale : money talks in football and we don't have much, so of course it ain't easy. About loan signings : they are always gonna be risky - you can't expect a one-month loan signing to come in with all guns blazing and you don't know if they will give 100% or will just try to get fit at our expense. Tis has had successes and failures (some spectacular) in that area, but I guess that's the same for all managers. Give the bloke the benefit of the doubt until the end of the season : he deserves a little bit of our respect (but not fawning respect - he isn't a hero)

FAN-TATIC

I wasn't giving an opinion on whether Tisdale is a hero or not (and I use the word "hero" very loosely), I was just commenting on your post about when he might leave. I am in the "let's wait until the end of season" camp : I think Tis has made some mistakes but I don't know if they are fatal yet. If we end up mid-league I think that would be a success, cos we were never going to repeat last season's position. And if he has a better offer at the end of the season, I wouldn't blame him for taking it. I do think some Exewebbers are being unnecessarily cynical about Tisdale : money talks in football and we don't have much, so of course it ain't easy. About loan signings : they are always gonna be risky - you can't expect a one-month loan signing to come in with all guns blazing and you don't know if they will give 100% or will just try to get fit at our expense. Tis has had successes and failures (some spectacular) in that area, but I guess that's the same for all managers. Give the bloke the benefit of the doubt until the end of the season : he deserves a little bit of our respect (but not fawning respect - he isn't a hero)
I find myself agreeing with everything you have stated there Mike. I too don't see Tis as a hero. They are a very rare and special kind of person.

foxy jim

lost again.
time for a change ?

Roy Hodgson

So just Liam, Bazza and Foxy want Tis to go? Not a lot want him to go then.

Roy Hodgson

Didn't mean to post on this thread, don't know why it cam back up top.