• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Tisdale out !!

That has been the problem for five years and more, ameliorated in that time by Harley's particular gifts, now he's gone and some of you are finally waking up to the fact that all Tis's pitty pat nonsense is not an end in itself, why do you think he is suddenly going to wake up to the fact that a change is needed ?

Some Tis created problems:-

No pace
No width
No one than can go past a man
No one that can cross a ball
No one that can head it were a cross to come in
No creativity
Two dozen midfielders in his own image
No target man as a lumpage outlet
No one that can successfully run the channels
No effective leadership on the field
A huge coaching budget
And last but not least, Billy Jones
All of that with and he still managed 2 promotions what a bad manager Tisdale is. Interesting how fans quickly forget what Tisdale had done for us.

Poultice

Very well known Exeweb poster
What about the Goal keeper position? (RogUSA!);)
Well Rog, I have to say that from my position as an exile who doesn't get to that many games, the Pidge / Arty double act doesn't look too bad a 3rd division keeping set up, who'd you expect, Peppy F*ckin-Reindeer ?

Poultice

All of that with and he still managed 2 promotions what a bad manager Tisdale is. Interesting how fans quickly forget what Tisdale had done for us.
Oh dear !

Some of you really make my 'ead hurt.

Is there anything in that list you want to argue with ?

Anything that you think might be wrong, giving examples of course ?

Oh dear !

Some of you really make my 'ead hurt.

Is there anything in that list you want to argue with ?

Anything that you think might be wrong, giving examples of course ?
They're opinions, whereas winning two promotions was a FACT. Bet you weren't complaining when you were at Wembley & Don Valley.

Grecian_Jay

No one is forgetting what he has achieved (which isn't as great as some make out), they are saying that you can't live of past success forever.

Should we sit through 3 relegations on the trot because Tisdale gave us 2 promotions? Not saying it is ever gonna happen but where is the line.

For the record he should not be sacked...yet.

No one is forgetting what he has achieved (which isn't as great as some make out), they are saying that you can't live of past success forever.

Should we sit through 3 relegations on the trot because Tisdale gave us 2 promotions? Not saying it is ever gonna happen but where is the line.

For the record he should not be sacked...yet.
******** was on about problems for 5 years which I think is very harsh on Tisdale. I pretty much agree with what you say though. If we are bottom at the end of October then a decision would have to be made, but we need Sercs back and we need to wait until our striker problems are sorted.

Poultice

They're opinions, whereas winning two promotions was a FACT. Bet you weren't complaining when you were at Wembley & Don Valley.
So which of those opinions don't you agree with ?

For five years we have pitty patted about and individual players have hauled our sorry ass to where it is, now the wheat is gone we have nowt but chaff, and who signed every man Jack of them ?

Stop dreaming of past glories, such as they were, and start living in the now man.

delve in the hole

The long game (not the long ball game, thats the Turks) is the real world that we, as a small trust owned club, exist in. We have lost the spine of our team because of the lack of money and/or the personal ambition of players and have an entire new breed to break in. It will take time. The playing philospohy is still there. But the luck and team cohesion isnt there yet. It will come.

As far as i'm concerned Tis can stay as long as he likes.

So before this turns to some ugly campaign to Get-Tis-Out, just think...who are we playing next week Sheffield Wednesday or Farsley Celtic?

This is the season where you have to really stand up and be counted as a Grecian, times are gonna be hard for a little while, we could get relegated who knows, is it worth potentially shooting ourselves in the foot or digging another financial grave to remedy it?
Sensible points. though you can understand why focus is on the manager and coaching staff when the team look so disjointed. The play is slow and ponderous I guess because the players aren't sure of their positions and responsibilities. Seemed that way this week with Noble and TAH ending up on each others toes all the time and players being drawn to the ball rather than keeping position. The play in the final third is atrocious with deliveries into the box, well, not delivered there at all. More likely to end up with the bloke in the banana costume halfway up the bank. Totally agree that people need to wise up. For us consistency is key, that goes for managers, coaches and players.

Last edited:

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Some Tis created problems:-

No pace
No width
No one than can go past a man
No one that can cross a ball
No one that can head it were a cross to come in
No creativity
Two dozen midfielders in his own image
No target man as a lumpage outlet
No one that can successfully run the channels
No effective leadership on the field
A huge coaching budget
And last but not least, Billy Jones
Agree with that list almost in its entirety...

And when he does get someone in who provides pace, width, the ability to beat a man etc (Whitchelow) he persists with Dunney on the right of midfield.

Frustrating isn't the word.

tallone

I just can't believe some of the posters on here.. a lot of whom seem to forget all the bad old days.... or weren't around during that time... BUT the funniest thing I have read are those putting forward the idea that Tis should be sacked.... I "think" he is on a 2yr rollover contract which would have to be paid up ... so I presume that should we show him the door, the amount of money left to find a new manager, and the playing budget that would be available to him would put us in the realms of BSP and/or administration... been there... done that... not again thank you very much.